The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G MDP sensor relocation options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC17PSE

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
First of all I was not sure if i should place this thread here in electrical or tuning? so if its in the wrong place sorry and feel free to move it to the correct place but its a sensor so I went with electrical!

MDP sensor!!! Can I remove it can I relocate it safely?

I have read the few bits of info I can dig up and found 2 possible ways to do this, let me say I am wanting to do this as I am ready to finish building my strut brace and I want to go straight across but this mdp sensor is in the way so by moving it I will make more room for me to put the other bar across. the pic can be seen here http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=144174&d=1345907979

I do have link v3 full and ive read I dont need it but then I read somewhere on here I must keep it so im confused on that one!!

my 3 options are

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/mdp_adapter/mdpadapt-02.jpg

Magnus DSM / EVO Remote Map Sensor Boss | Magnus Motorsports

or the easiest way CAN I SIMPLY TURN IT AROUND IN THE SAME LOCATION????

Thanks

If you have v3 you can yank it.

What about when I read that I have to keep it as the car needs that sensor! Is it a vital sensor to keep and do I need to run it to keep the engine happy

Agreed. Ditch it completely and enjoy having another available input for a useful sensor.

ok you both know alot so I will just remove it, do i need to disable a specific item in link or just remove the CEL completely! I am still really new to link and its ways of operating

Go to the DTC tab in the Config section and just uncheck the MDP box. But I wouldn't remove it unless you have something else to put there as you'll have a small boost leak (I believe).

Another option is in the future if you want to switch to speed density to use a plug-in MAP sensor that'll drop right into that spot.
ECMTuning, Inc.

Ive just seen its emissions related so it is not needed and I saw the way to remove the code, I plan to get a cover cnc'd to cover it so there wont be any leaks. thanks for the input

Just a thought can I run the rre adaptor for a boost gauge connection instead of the fpr line and run the adaptor facing towards the firewall! So backwards,

Heres and add on question. I dont have link but have been doing some wire tucking lately and wondering, Could i remove it and have it throw the code and not affect anything besides a check engine light?

Ive just seen its emissions related so it is not needed and I saw the way to remove the code, I plan to get a cover cnc'd to cover it so there wont be any leaks. thanks for the input

Just a thought can I run the rre adaptor for a boost gauge connection instead of the fpr line and run the adaptor facing towards the firewall! So backwards,

Yes you can run the RRE adapter backwards. I did it to run a GM-style 3bar MAP on my firewall. You could also run the stock MDP sensor backwards...as long as the wiring will reach. You may have to extend some wires or un-wrap/re-wrap a bit of the harness to do it without cutting/extending. Further...you also have the option to run the OmniPower 4bar MAP sensor that looks just like the OEM MDP sensor backwards as well.

I've heard *RUMORS* that a MAP sensor plugged into that spot on the harness (and intake mani hole, of course) will satisfy the ECUs need to check for proper EGR function...as that is all it uses the MDP to do. I have not tested/verified this, however, but it makes sense since it's a 5v sensor and the ECU is probably just making sure the sensor's voltage fluctuates when EGR is activated...and that's exactly what will happen to a MAP sensor when EGR is activated as well.

...or since you are in Europe take the best option and grab a cheap Evo III intake manifold to bolt on to your car. You don't need the MDP sensor. It's for EGR operation. I have a MAP sensor plugged into mine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back