The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Help with Ecmlink adjustments

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seems you haven't fixed the TPS adjustment properly and some settings in ECMLink that I told you before. Also as mentioned above, you now have some issue that is related to CAS or/and its wiring. Most probably that is causing the engine popping sound.
Also did you already fix the massive vacuum leak that you had before? Can a boost leak test now build pressure?

I thought I fixed the tps adjustment. I'll check it again. Yes the leak is fixed, I changed the gasket, it was too small for the smim openings do air was going past gasket. I will check the cas next and update on everything.

I changed the gasket, it was too small for the smim openings do air was going past gasket.
Before I asked you that if you are sure that you have a 2g intake manifold and you told me you are sure. I am afraid but this sounds pretty much like you have a 1g intake manifold on a 2g cylinder head. You can mount a 1g intake manifold but it won't work on a 2g head, it's not because of the gasket, It's because their port size is different. The intake manifold and head's ports won't match each other, then it will cause a massive leak.
In all of your logs, your intake manifold is seeing only very little vacuum at idle, almost atmospheric pressure, which means that. The leak is still there.
Please check your intake manifold again. You must have a 2g intake manifold that has the same port size as the cylinder head (You have a 2g head). Use the gasket to compare the port size and check the both intake manifold and the head side. If you are not so sure what to do, you can upload some pics of your intake manifold and the head ports w/ a gasket. So we would be able to distinguish. And also don't forget to block off the EGR port on the head as I told you before.

Last edited:
Solid advice!

Eliminated the thermal gasket. Holes were too small so the manifold was leaking air passed it @ the gasket. Talked to Weapon R and they sent me the right gasket. It's installed and now holding vacuum! Car is finally idling properly! It was a 2g manifold/1g gasket/2g head @DSMPT
OK I now know what you were talking about. So my first guess that I told you was actually right. You didn't report back so I couldn't be sure. Anyways glad to know that finally you have the idle properly. It seems no more leak between the intake manifold and the cylinder head.
Now, do a boost leak test and properly set the TPS and the settings in ECMLink the one I told you before. This is still important, so don't try to skip it. Be paciente a little bit more. Those can be done in less than 30 min. And then, if you would see no issue, ask someone to tune it as you planed :hellyeah:

A closure to all issues is always appreciated in our threads, thats what makes THIS SITE so special. Good information.
Thanks guys, for helping and for reporting the final results for all.
Marty

A closure to all issues is always appreciated in our threads, thats what makes THIS SITE so special. Good information.
Thanks guys, for helping and for reporting the final results for all.
Marty
For sure, Marty. One day those threads can be a help for someone who has a similar issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back