The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink help with ecmlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmer1

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2011
loganville, Georgia
i have just got my ecmlink to work, but have an idle surge. my airflow to rev is osculating between .33 and .49 and my afr est is surging from 14.7 to 17.1 and in some cases jumpes up to 21!

i need some tips and advise from veterans in the feild. thanks for any help.

and i need help posting my logs

Last edited:
First do a book leak test please. Then if you check ecmlink website they have video demo section to dial in your car that shuld get you started. Your airflownperrev should be about .24 and dialing in your injectors will all be showed in ecmlinks demo videos. Record logs with ecmlink with f12. Let me know how far you get from there.

First do a book leak test please. Then if you check ecmlink website they have video demo section to dial in your car that shuld get you started. Your airflownperrev should be about .24 and dialing in your injectors will all be showed in ecmlinks demo videos. Record logs with ecmlink with f12. Let me know how far you get from there.

boost leak test was a sucess. no leaks. im holding (when the idle is steady) a constant 19 in of mercury. i am very fimilar with the videos bus its hard to tune for idle when it surges. and i am concernd about the afr est.

zero it out! for the love of dsms. right click->zero all adjustments. Also, select stock base maf type...crisis averted

still zero it out though correct? i have looked on the ecmlink videos and saw where he used the MAFcomp sliders to zero in his airflowtorev to .25 but its hard to do so with an idle surge.

still zero it out though correct? i have looked on the ecmlink videos and saw where he used the MAFcomp sliders to zero in his airflowtorev to .25 but its hard to do so with an idle surge.

Idle surge sucks LOL but you don't have to have exactly .25, .24 or would be sufficent too.

yeah tell me about it. haha. it just seems i cant get it even relativly close to that. ive gotten it to .28 at its lowest and it just osculates up from there.

Do you still have all your emissions crap? Do you have erg block off?

Yes.

Anywhere from 0.24-0.28 is acceptable.

okay i will do that asoon as possible. should that also help my afr?

Do you still have all your emissions crap? Do you have erg block off?

yes my egr has been blocked and i have performed a vacuum delete.

ok nevermind then...I missed it in your profile

EDIT: Oh and please don't go wot just yet! 11.6* of knockret! :nono:

yes of course. i adjusted the knock senser activation to 2000 rpm and >0% tps and reviewed the log and and noticed those knock counts. plus i have 87 oct in the tank.

Guess I'm be the first to yell at you for putting 87 octane in your tank... you need switch that asap or will effect your tune.. after you fill with supreme reset your ecu by disconnecting your battery.

easy fellas. i had no choice. car was towed in my own neigborhood and it was out of gas and the only way to get it home was 87 oct. thats for the link. im just trieing to dial in my idle.

heres my log after the zeroed out MAF comp

Attachments

• fixed idle3.elg
    199.4 KB · Views: 57
easy fellas. i had no choice. car was towed in my own neigborhood and it was out of gas and the only way to get it home was 87 oct. thats for the link. im just trieing to dial in my idle

Not the best idea but just as if you where to run race gas or e85 or 87 or 93 octane its not going to work the same. You need clear out that gas and follow that link then when u make changes you need to tune to the exact fuel your ganna use.

Not the best idea but just as if you where to run race gas or e85 or 87 or 93 octane its not going to work the same. You need clear out that gas and follow that link then when u make changes you need to tune to the exact fuel your ganna use.

okay i mean like i said i got it working recently and am inexperienced. i apressiate the help and critazism. im just alittle confused

Now zero your global fuel and deadtime. Then go through checklist

ok both are zeroed. i will complete the checklist tomorrow. i appreiate your input

Your airflownperrev should be about .24

That's lower than it should be. You want to shoot for .26 but if you can't get that low (i.e. you have big cams), then you want to get it as low as possible.

okay. but i do not have the stock MAF. i have a 3" gm MAF.

Do you have the ECMlink GM MAF cable or are you running a MAFT?

MAFT > select stock MAS and make sure to have MAFT set for 450cc injectors and all other knobs/switches zerod out

GM MAF > select 3" GM MAF

i adjusted the knock senser activation to 2000 rpm and >0% tps and reviewed the log and and noticed those knock counts. plus i have 87 oct in the tank.

That is because of the 87 octane gas.

There's honestly no real point of trying to tune on 87 octane. Just drain the tank and go put in the highest octane you can get (probably 93). Then zero everything out in link - everything. Then go through the checklist and post back.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's lower than it should be. You want to shoot for .26 but if you can't get that low (i.e. you have big cams), then you want to get it as low as possible.

Do you have the ECMlink GM MAF cable or are you running a MAFT?

MAFT > select stock MAS and make sure to have MAFT set for 450cc injectors and all other knobs/switches zerod out

GM MAF > select 3" GM MAF

That is because of the 87 octane gas.

There's honestly no real point of trying to tune on 87 octane. Just drain the tank and go put in the highest octane you can get (probably 93). Then zero everything out in link - everything. Then go through the checklist and post back.

im running the ecmlink gm maf cable and i made shure i selected the 3" gm maft. im halfway through the checklist and i post back soon.

.24, .25, .26 is good enough, its not rocket science it doesn't have to he 110%. Anyone should be good with being close to those numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back