The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Help Tuning log inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really can't tell you much from those logs, your not even logging your ThrotPos so its hard to even tell when your going WOT or not. A good log to tune with would be you logging ThrotPos and SAFELY doing a 3rd gear pull from 2.5k to 7k. Keep an eye on your WB and your CEL, if the WB goes leaner than an 11.3~11.5:1 AFR or your CEL flashes let off the throttle and post the log.

You might add some deadtime to your injectors to bring your CombinedFT at idle to 0 (+/- 3). You also need to figure out why your cars coolant temps are so high, anything about 210* is too hot! You might try selecting the "activate fans full on" button in you Misc tab. I also noticed your not running ANY DTC checkers which isn't good either, at the least you want to select cylinder misfire, fuel trim, closed loop, & idle control.

How many pounds of boost do you plan on running? What fuel are you using?

:dsm:

i am planing to run 17-18psi..i got 1000cc
here is the new log on the end is my third gear pull.
i am using 93 octane
is the lc1wb should match afratioest better?'

Attachments

• log.2010.11.15-11.elg
    79.3 KB · Views: 52
Correct me if im wrong but i do believe that your airflow sliders are off. Your boost est is higher around 5-5.5k then it should be. Read DSMlink MAS/MAF Calibration Page on how to do so.

I am also thinking that once you up the psi it may effect it as well and it may need to be done again because you will be flowing more air.

Alright, you getting the right idea but your tuning for WOT so go WOT from 2.5k to 7k! :thumb: Heres a screenshot of why a 3rd gear dyno pull looks like logging in link, this is a good log to tune from. Notice you keep the throttle at 100% from 2.5k to 7k without letting up... Just do it safely and watch your CEL and AFR's so you don't go too lean.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if im wrong but i do believe that your airflow sliders are off. Your boost est is higher around 5-5.5k then it should be. Read DSMlink MAS/MAF Calibration Page on how to do so.

I am also thinking that once you up the psi it may effect it as well and it may need to be done again because you will be flowing more air.
Its possible his sliders are off but he's not going WOT long enough to see...

Haha. You crack me up man, atleast this time you were in the throttle for the most part. Maybe scoot your seat closer so you can push the pedal all the way down without the possibility of lifting at all! LOL

Anyway, I did some math and you need to make some changes to your MAFComp sliders. For every (Hz) point in your MAFComp you go into your datalog and compare your logged WB AFR's to your AFRatioEst. If theres a difference then you need to move your MAFComp slider at that (Hz) point to get them to line up. Heres what you should make your MAFComp table look like...
50Hz / -7.8%
150Hz / 14.1%
250Hz / 30.5%
400Hz / 25.8%
800Hz / 32.8%
1200Hz / 25.0%
1600Hz / 25.0%
2000Hz / 25.0%
2400Hz / 25.0%​
Do another 3rd gear pull trying to maintain 100% throttle to 7k this time and post a log, we'll see how well your WB lines up with your AFRatioEst.

xaxaxa...i was on highway curve thats why i wet of the gas pedal.. and my battery of my laptop was daing']]i didnt get chance to make another run.
i will go on straight tomorrow and i will post the log']
thanks for helping me out']]]

Haha. Not a problem helping out and safety first when doing 3rd gear pulls, if theres a turn don't stay in the gas for the sake of the log. Your doing it on a closed course right?

yeah safety first.']
here is the new logs the first one is 2 gear and the second log is 3 gear

Attachments

• log.2010.11.16-03.elg
    12.9 KB · Views: 52
  • log.2010.11.16-04.elg
    18.4 KB · Views: 56
Well look at that, things are lined up pretty damn well and you took the log all the way to 7k without letting off the throttle!!! HAHA. :thumb: I should tag your post as helpful since you finally posted some good 3rd gear pulls...

You can get OCD with your MAFComp but for V2 without a ton of resolution between your Hz sliders I say your MAFComp settings are perfect where there at now. Now its time to turn your boost up to the desired settings, you said around 18psi I believe? So turn it up to 18lbs and do another 3rd gear pull since everything is good as far as airflow readings are concerned.

IMO you'd be just fine running 23psi SAFELY on the mods you have done to that car, its your car though so if 18psi is what you want then 18psi it shall be. Just trying to get you down the track faster thats all...

here is a nice excel sheet from a user in the ECMLink website I found, just punch in the estBoost and Actual boost or estAFR and actual wideband AFR and it will let you know how much to adjust your airflow sliders.

to get it, you have to log in to ECMlink though

MAF calibration calculation excel file
That is a great tuning tool, I used one similar getting the MAFComp settings in the post above.

but why i am having knock on second gear?
what to do?
to take out some timing?
In your 3rd gear log the knock you saw was .4 which isn't detonation, your fine in that 3rd gear pull. Since your running a 16g you can spool the turbo faster by advancing the timing as its building boost. Then, when you hit full boost dip timing 3 or 4* so it doesn't knock, and bring it back to redline.

Turn the boost up to where you want it (18psi) and do a 2.5k to 6.5k WOT pull again, watch that CEL flashing so you know if your knocking. We'll get you a good v2 street tune on that 16g...

We're tuning it in 3rd gear so don't even pay attention to your 2nd gear pull, whatevers going on in 2nd gear we'll tune it out in 3rd. If your knock free in 3rd going WOT after all this your 1st - 5th should be too...

We're tuning it in 3rd gear so don't even pay attention to your 2nd gear pull, whatever going on in 2nd gear we'll tune it out in 3rd. If your knock free in 3rd going WOT after all this your 1st - 5th should be too...

This is not True,
Although You may fix whatever your problem was by looking a the pull in 3rd. looking at ALL the information is especially important... If you ignore something going on in a different load area it's not gonna get fixed by changing other areas.

This is not True,
Although You may fix whatever your problem was by looking a the pull in 3rd. looking at ALL the information is especially important... If you ignore something going on in a different load area it's not gonna get fixed by changing other areas.
He's running v2 so he can't tune specific load areas in DA like he could using ECMLink v3, he doesn't have that option. I didn't say to ignore the 1.1* of knock he logged in 2nd, I said lets finish tuning it out in 3rd gear and WOT in 1st - 5th SHOULD be good too. If it sounds like I'm saying ignore the knock then maybe I could have worded it differently, thanks for pointing that out.

I can't speak for others but in my experience the load cells I hit at WOT in 1st gear are almost identical to the load cells I hit after shifting into 2nd, 3rd, & 4th at the track . The only time load cells vary that much are part throttle cruise conditions and going up and down hills. This is what I've noticed street tuning using ECMLink anyway, maybe you have different input on the subject?

Where his log picked up 1.1* of knock in 2nd gear his AFR's were 10.5~10.7:1 on 93oct, timing advance was 3.6*, and his boost is set to 9psi so if you ask me his tune is still a bit conservative to be raising any eyebrows for concern.

It was more a general statement. About what you where saying, I wasn't being specific about what Tuning platform anyone is using.

More-some what I'm saying is you always what to look at the bigger picture. Just because your "tuning" one gear doesn't mean you need to be ignoring what is going on a part throttle or elsewhere... .

More-some what I'm saying is you always what to look at the bigger picture. Just because your "tuning" one gear doesn't mean you need to be ignoring what is going on a part throttle or elsewhere... .
Agreed.

here is two new logs not so good ']
i think i am on 14psi now and on the first log i am getting some knock ...so i took out some timing on the second log so now is kind of good i think so
i will took a better one tomorrow']]

Attachments

• log.2010.11.17-04.elg
    192.1 KB · Views: 53
  • log.2010.11.17-05.elg
    37.2 KB · Views: 58
Since your not logging boost and its just your BoostEst that I can see, whats your gauge showing that actual boost is between 5k and 5.5k?

TIMING
You were correct in pulling timing when you picked up that knock in the first log, I suggest tweaking your sliders a bit more similar to the suggested values I posted below. The changes I made will advance timing as your going into full boost which will spool the turbo faster then I also pulled another degree at 6.5k.
RPM / Adj (*)
0 / +2
500 / +2
1000 / +2
1500 / +2
2000 / +2
2500 / +2
3000 / +2
3500 / +1
4000 / -1
4500 / -2
5000 / -3
5500 / -3
6000 / -3
6500 / -1
7000 / 0
7500 / 0
8000 / 0​

FUEL
Since your running 93oct for the most part your logged WB AFR's look good but can be a smidge leaner in the higher RPMs. I made some pretty minor adjustments to keep AFR's right around 10.8 ~ 11.0:1, keep an eye on your WB though making sure you don't start leaning out too much.
RPM / Adj (%)
0 / 0.0
500 / 0.0
1000 / 0.0
1500 / 0.0
2000 / -0.8
2500 / -1.2
3000 / -1.6
3500 / -2.0
4000 / -2.0
4500 / -2.0
5000 / -2.3
5500 / -3.1
6000 / -3.1
6500 / -3.1
7000 / -3.5
7500 / -3.5
8000 / -3.5​

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back