The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Help Tuning 1G AWD 50TRIM *LOG INSIDE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonspoolAWD

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2003
New_YorkUS
so far i have a AGP RS49 50trim with a 255pump, STOCK INJECTORS, STOCK UICP. I have a FMIC with 2.5 Mandrel Log pipes and a exhaust. The 3 mods that i have left to complete my setup are a UICP, a Tublular 02 housing, and INJECTORS (NEED TO KNOW WHAT SIZE.
I finaly logged my car because if i launch the car in 1st gear it will get to about 5500 and break up. The boost will spike to 20 then fall back to 12-13 as the rpms go up (I KNOW THIS IS FROM MY STOCK 02 HOUSING BEING TO SMALL, I HAVE TO HAVE A HUGE SPRING KEEPING THE DOOR FROM BEING FORCED OPEN) I am wondering WHICH INJECTORS TO BUY. I was think 780cc but dont know if 680cc would be better for me. I am going to buy the last 3 mods all at once but just want to know which injectors. I have a LOG for a download if anyone could look at it to tell me what might be wrong. What i noticed right away is every shift on my logger my injectors go to like 114% duty cycle, and my FTH is at 134%, and FTL is at around 98%. I am not sure how to upload my log so if anyone would like to veiw it i will E-mail it to them i guess.

Stock injectors a way the hell too small for that boost level on a 50-trim without the proper tuning. Get an AFPR and atleast 660s so you don't run lean accidently and blow her up. Do it right the first time, and don't mess with those stock injectors. You know they are too small, don't chance it... ;)

i already said that i was getting new injectors but i didnt know what size. If i should get delphi 680cc or delphi 780cc. there on E-bay close to my house for only $280.
Tom

Only get bigger than 680's if you are going to get a chip to compensate for them. Trying to tune injectors that big with airflow changes will not be a good idea.

i had already purchased 780cc. Will i still be able to tune okay with my afc. I heard that it was possible but i just had to dial back a lot of fuel when its not boosting. I hope so cause i cant change my order now.
Tom

At the last second i got them to ship me 680cc injectors. Hopefully i will be able to tune this thing cause right now its all screwed up. I even tried turning the boost down to 10psi and my logger still shows the injectors at 105% duty cycle. If i turn it up to 15 they go to 125%. The thing i am having the problem with is tuning it off boost. I heard that for my 1G it should be at .86 but it goes up and down and NEVER hits .86 without trying to boost it. Last night i got it as good as i can under boost and that was .80 with my S-afc2 at +20%. And it would not get anyhigher. Today i log the car and its WAY rich under boost and it went to 42counts of knock. Last night it was like 40degrees and today its like 85 and last night my 02 sensor read .80 with only a max of 9counts of knock, and the timing was like 14-20, today it was -1. I have my Afc set at 30%low and 75% high. WHat should i be looking for to tune the car off boost.WHAT IS THE WAY TO GET STARTED TO TUNE THIS THING SO I AM NOT RUNNING REALLY RICH OR LEAN NOT UNDER BOOST AND WHAT DO I DO UNDER BOOST. I was trying to get it tuned under boost but gave up cause it was different every time i boosted it, plus my injectors are not hear yet. but the tuning off boost for daily driving the 02 voltage is all over

okay, i have my low FT to around 104%. I am going to recieve my injectors tommorow so i will put them in and see how that goes. I seem to be getting 25-30 counts of knock in 5th gear on the highway at anywhere from 2500-5000rpms in 5th. My 02voltage is at .87 and my injectors are not maxed out yet, so it seems that bigger injectors is not going to help that issue out, because my INJ.DUTY Cycle is at around 85-90% and its is knocking and not even lean yet in 5th gear. I heard the voltages were suppose to be in the area of .86-.88 and i am suppose to watch the knock. Should i try adding MORE fuel to reduce the knock or should i lean it out a little. I dont think that this thing can be tuned correct because so far judgeing by the FT and 02 and timing its all messed up, plus i dont even have my bigger injectors and i have only gone around 90miles on a HALF TANK OF GAS.
Tom

I had a similar issue on 680 ccs with my 56 trim, turns out I was way too rich and it was coming over on the lean side of the a/f gauge.

I would look to the exhaust and see what pulling some fuel out does...keep in mind unless you're on c16 you could have knock even with a good tune.

Why would my Logger say that i am lean. When it runs good my 02 voltage is around .78 and it has knock. If i put it at .86-.88 without knock the car dont pull hardly at all and on a launch it runs like shit. I know its WAY to rich already just from the WB 02 telling me i am at 10-12 when it should be 14.7, I thought that the WB was inaccurate because of the Logger saying my FT High was 110% and my voltages were at .86-.88 when at those voltages my car will have NO knock but it will drink gas all over and run like shit.
Thanks

TalonspoolAWD said:
... I know its WAY to rich already just from the WB 02 telling me i am at 10-12 when it should be 14.7..

???? Your talking about closed here correct? You only want have an A/F of 14.7 in closed loop.

Also, just because you knock, that does not mean your car is going to run worse compared to a zero knock situation, but alot richer condition. I gained 1.5 mph simply by leaning out the car from 10.6 to 11.2 despite having 2 degrees of knock (timing was pulled by 2).

yes of course closed. WHy is it that the wide band is reading correct but the logger says i am lean cause i thought 1G's tune for ROUGHLY .86. Me having mine at .78-.80 is VERY Far from .86-.88. But like i said at .86 i will get no knock but the car is not even worth boosting cause it breaks up in 1st and does not even pull in any other gear.

What kind of wideband do you have? and like he said, don't trust O2's...trust the wideband.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back