The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Help choosing valves

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screwlegg

5+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2018
Sebring, Florida
So I'm looking at the Brian crower site for some valves and they have some different sizes just wondering which size to get if I just want to run everything basically stock. Just trying to replace old bent valves

Pic below vvv

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    60 KB · Views: 76
If you bent valves chances are you cracked the guides. The cost to replace guides and valves usually isn't worth it on a stock head. It's usually cheaper to just buy another head.

If you bent valves chances are you cracked the guides. The cost to replace guides and valves usually isn't worth it on a stock head. It's usually cheaper to just buy another head.
Wow just checked how much they cost. $300 just for the valves I don't even want to see how much guides cost. :( could you please recommend any 420A heads on here. I like this community and would like to give back to it

Just use normal replacement valves. You said you are running stock. I just had my head refreshed after my timing belt slipped and bent my cyl 2 exhaust valves. I ordered $15 each valves through NAPA. Replaced the two that hit, valve job on the rest, and decked the surface. The car runs great. I bent mine without damaging guides, but I would recommend having yours checked.

$200 bucks to have it professionally checked, parts that needed replaced, replaced, a valve job and surfaced deck. Thats the way to go.

Last edited:
There's an eBay seller named engnbldr that sells oem + oversized valves and guides. He's out of Canada I believe. Despite selling on eBay, there not typical eBay quality, and very wallet friendly. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back