The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help choosing turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndilo21

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2004
void, New_York
I have a 98 gs-t and i'm not sure what turbo set up I want to run. I was looking at this kit from xs-power, but i'm not sure about it. Does anybody have it installed? Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7940907411&category=33742

The mods I currently have installed on my car are: downpipe, test pipe, hks carbon ti cat back exhaust, injen intake and filter, upper i/c piping with a type s bov, greddy 24 fmic and piping. Im going to oreder a walbro 255lph fuel pump but im not sure what size injectors I should order for this set up. I was thinking maybe 680 or 720 but im not really sure. My engine will be running stock internals for now, until have enough money when I plan on running a stroker kit. Im going to use a safc-II for fuel management and greddy profec e01 boost controller. Anybody suggest any other mods for this set up?

Also I'm not positive I want to get this turbo how is it compared to a evo 16g or a T28? I want to run around 350 at the wheels maybe more but i dont want to blow my engine while its on stock internals.

Also I dont think I really like the rfl bov and I was thinking about keeping the type s or trying the new greddy type rs. Anybody object?

The last thing I'm looking at is the c.o.p set up if anyone has any input on that.

Thanks for your help. :)

Here is the link to the cop setup I was looking at: htp://www.dejontool.com/Fuel.htm

after reading that forum, it looks like im gonna go with the to4b but im not sure if i should get internal or external wastegate? Any suggsetions or any other mods anyone think i should get to support this turbo?

also what does eveyone think about the blow thru set up with the gm maf" is it really worth it, especially while uing an s-afcII?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back