The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Headlight Conversion question.. [Merged 11-8] 1Ga pop up headlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thats the thing though. i dont want them to pop up, i want them gone. i want a 92 hood, headlights, and anything else i need. i think other than that stuff all i need may be a grill if that.well see im gonna investgate

damn, i dont want to have to change the front clip. im gonna see if there is a way to do it.

If you want to put 92 headlights on (I wouldn't if I were you) you have to get a new hood, fenders, and front clip as well as the lights. As far as the wiring goes, never really thought about that but I'm pretty sure you'd have to do some custom wiring as well. Waste of money if you ask me. Check out www.xtremestreetdesigns.netfirms.com they have projectors for 90-91, nothing to special but they look bad ass at night.

Originally posted by mavisky
my gf owns a 90 i have a 92. the entire front clip is different. all the mounting points are completely different.

Na90dsm read that, it's not as easy as you think. There is no investigating to be done.
Go over to the "other" message board and do a search for dsman. HE did what I did except he welded the pop ups to the hood and made it look all like one piece. Looked alot better than the 92+ did. Plus it's a hell of a lot easier.

http://www.mr2beast.com/Lights.htm

check that out. the best i have seen in pop-up mods. it's kinda like putting in 300zx lights, but much cheaper. as soon as i get started on show mods i am going to do something similar to this. i think it would look nice as hell!

the look phat. that seems lke a lot of work though. im gonna look into that. i may just keep thm now.

noone would want my car right now. its primer grey, no interior practically, the interior is painted but needs to be finished, and the clutch is broke. and i dont see how a hadlight conversion can cost more thanthe car.
If you are describing your car correctly I definitly see how the conversion can cost more then the car. :laugh:

i bought the car for a 1400. it had a few dings and the molding was shot so i went to town on the body and shaved the antena and got all the dings out. i got rid of the molding and the stock wing so it was just the body. i didt like te wing. then i went to ton n the interior.i have to touch it up with th wipe on coloring and put carpet and black seats in it and im done. i have a head unit going in it that i just got back from alpine. its got image dynamics speakers all around,i put a grant stearing wheel in it, and i pu some other mods in the interior. i have a full pacesetter exhaust with a ported heder, gutted cat, and pacesetter cat back. i have a injen intake , taylor 8mm wires, and a polished turbo intake manifold. a headlight conversion isnt more than he car. i jus have to finish the interior and give it a paint job.

thanx. i am most likely goin to keep them. im not big on lighting mods but i figured if i cn do it fairly easy i might s well. well its not gonna be easy so im just gonna stay wit the pop ups.

does anyone know where to get a crabon fiber hood for the1g with the pop ups.

Originally posted by EROK81

Na90dsm read that, it's not as easy as you think. There is no investigating to be done.
Go over to the "other" message board and do a search for dsman. HE did what I did except he welded the pop ups to the hood and made it look all like one piece. Looked alot better than the 92+ did. Plus it's a hell of a lot easier.

actually i know keith, and he bought the car like that. the guy who owned it before him did that mod as well as mounting a giant aluminum wing to the ass end of it :rolleyes:

I say do it, Its not expensive hit up dsmtrader and get your parts for under 300 bucks!!!!! 300 bucks or less to do it all, that's not bad!

Fenders-Bolt on, Clip Bolts on, Hood Bolts on, you will have 2 remove pop ups, and custom mount the lamps in. as for wiring, a little more work there.

thas what im concerned about is th wiring. the swap itself is easy enough to do with just the parts (well to me anyway) but the wiring is gonna get me. i can getthe pars from a junkyard but i dont think im gonna because of the wirig deal. i dont know, well see what the future brings

anyone know where to get a 90 carbon fiber hood. i saw one for the 1g's with pop ups butforget where i saw it.

why couldnt you just wire it yourself? just cut the socket off the original (90-91) and splice the new (92+) one onto it, all they are are different bulbs and possibly a different amount of lights, i think the 1Ga has more front lights than the 1Gb does. the corners on the 1Ga have 2 lights, and i THINK the 1Gb has only one...so just get rid of the extra wire and you are done, i am in the process of re-doing all my lights, so they are all a little brighter, i have a thread in this forum about headlight bulbs in a corner light hole. i am gonna change ALL of my exterior lights so they are either brighter or clearer (super white).

let me kow how it goes. im am undesided on doing this yet. im gingto see howmuch the parts are in the local junkyard then im gonna try possibly. yea the wiring shouldnt be too hard.

:laugh: :laugh: that would be nuts. can anyone photochop that. id like to see that.

get me a pic of a car with the lights up and i'll do it
send it to

hackofdesturct at attbi dot com

what i was thinkin was just keep the popups from movin and stay in the down position and throw on a 92 hood?

i was thinin something similar,

take the pop-ups out, bolt in 92 headlights, pop on a 92 hood and leave it like that. but the front ends are different

i was gonna leave the 1ga lower lights and just throw on a 1gb hood and see how it oines up.

YOUR LOOKIN AT THE CONVERSION...GOT TO CUT BRAKETS OFF A 92 , lots of WELDING CUTING, YOU NEED 92 FENDERS and hood that match your color and arent all dinged up, its not worth it!!!!!!!! i would rathe buy a 92 and drop my engine in....hahhaa:talon:

im not gonna. im gonna put c/f covers on mine and a c/f hood:thumb:

so would just puttin the hood on work or not?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back