1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Front o2 sensor replacement

Posted by Sjd6795, May 28, 2020

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Sjd6795

Sjd6795 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2014
    Wilsonville, Oregon

Street Build 493  11

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Sjd6795

Street Build 1K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Fountain, Colorado
    Go with the Bosch.

1K  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM
    Doubleot, TK's9d2TSi and Sjd6795 like this.
  3. Doubleot

Doubleot Proven Member

Joined Mar 15, 2009
    Spanish Fork, Utah
    Injectors get 880s room to grow and they will easily be scalable to idle like stock or close to.

Street Build 3K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    279.1 whp · 325.3 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  4. EShield

EShield Supporting Member

Joined Jan 14, 2020
    West Warwick, Rhode Island
    I run an O'Reilly's, I only ever sell Bosch to European car owners. Every one I have seen go into a Asian vehicle, or a Chrysler, has come back shortly after with the same code. Now, I cannot verify this as it came from a vendor, but I am told Bosch O2 elements are the same across all their sensors, basically a universal sensor with the correct harness attached to it, and this is the reason that even new sensors don't fix the problem on some of the more fickle makes.

That said, I would go with Denso or NTK personally.

Street Build 206  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. Sniffbooger

Sniffbooger Proven Member

Joined Apr 12, 2020
    Torrance, California
    Regarding the injectors...bigger is better!....or at least it gives you options for mods later... I just bought a non-running 98 GST with a 16g and FMIC also.... planning to install PTE 1000cc injectors soon as I get the chance so I'll have room to grow....IE: upgrade to 18g billet turbo, run higher boost, etc...but for now I'm just getting the car running best I can with what came on it...

I think my front O2 sensor is probably in need of replacement also...but I may run a wideband O2 in that stock bung instead...of course then I'll need DSM link to simulate the narrowband signal for the ecu...but it will save me from having to weld a new bung for the wideband sensor, plus I need a wideband AFR gauge anyway so the sensor already comes with it...saves me from having to buy a new stock O2 sensor!

Cheers! from this Coronavirus-related unemployed beer drinking car tinkering DSM-loving old man

Street Build 257  8

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. luv2rallye

luv2rallye DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 7, 2003
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

3K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    14.200 @ 95.000 · 2G DSM
  7. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    IMO, it really doesn't matter Bosch or Denso if it works as it should. In North America, many people use Bosch. but in Japan Bosch is kinda minor, mostly use Denso since Denso is the OEM supplier for many car companies.
    But personally I would go with Denso, it's not because I'm Japanese. It's because I don't really remember if I have ever replaced Denso sensor more than twice on the same car. But I remember that I have done that with Bosch sensor.

As for the injectors, I run EVO's 510cc yellow top on my 2g which is a 2.3L with a big 16g, 92 pump gas. @18 psi, the injector duty is 85-90% range, 10 high AFR. All of options you mentioned above would work for your setup. If you would like to keep the injectors working at around 80% duty, go with the 560cc. or if you would like to keep some margin for the future use, just go bigger.

Drag Race Build 2K  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
    Sjd6795 likes this.
  8. Sjd6795

Sjd6795 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2014
    Wilsonville, Oregon
    Thanks for all the great replies guys! Much appreciated.

Street Build 493  11

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Sjd6795

Street Build 1K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  9. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    Never had a reason not to use Denso