The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Flex Fuel Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charliethatguy

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 14, 2018
Madison, Wisconsin
Ok so I'm thinking about installing a flex fuel setup on my 1992 Eagle Talon TSI. I have done some research and people seem torn as to where to mount the sensor. Some say to mount it before the fuel rail others (ECMwiki) say to mount it after the rail and before the fuel pressure regulator. What setup have you guys used? I'm also confused on how its supposed to be wired into the ECU. Do I have to pin it into the ECU or is there a connector I can Adapt to work coming off the harness? Any help is appreciated!

+2

I think the ecmlink site is pretty clear on how to wire it. It needs (I think) a 5v power, ground and the signal wire goes into one of the maf wires on the harness.

It is on the harness but honestly I haven't tracked it down. My setup was PNP at the MAF plug tho.

As everyone said, it better be next to the regulator on the return line.
The sensor has 3 pins, GND, 12V, signal. Signal needs to be connected to the MAF signal input of the ECU.

Thanks guys, I will re-read the ECM doc and mount it after the regulator. Thanks for all the input. If you have any tips on anything else let me know!

Attachments

• 0.PNG
    0.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 104
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back