The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Flared 1G fenders for wider tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The camber will be adjusted once the revised bearings come in this week. The car is temporarily using the stock hats for now.

Good eyes Leon. You're right on both counts. +24 offset and a 275 tire.

I am still amazed at how goofy the tail end looks with those wheels, the way it rounds back and looks like the hub is bent.

and yes you should be getting the bearing by wednesday
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Even with the 275 tires, you really do not need THAT much offset! I do not think that you should use anything smaller than 35-36mm offset.

But getting back on topic, did you guys see an Impreza from 07 One Lap? Those are some pretty neat fender flairs:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/13001/2007-one-lap-of-america-the-cars-page2.html

They look pretty good on a Subaru, but I am not sure how something like that look on a DSM.

Even with the 275 tires, you really do not need THAT much offset! I do not think that you should use anything smaller than 35-36mm offset.

But getting back on topic, did you guys see an Impreza from 07 One Lap? Those are some pretty neat fender flairs:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/13001/2007-one-lap-of-america-the-cars-page2.html

They look pretty good on a Subaru, but I am not sure how something like that look on a DSM.

This is a case where what I needed and what was readily available for a cheap price were two different things. There's not a ton of room on the inside of this wheel and tire combo, I'm not sure I could drop all the way down to a +35mm and be clearing the front still. Maybe us fwd's have slightly different spacing up there. I dunno, don't work on enough awd's to know.

Here's the flares I bought on another members car. I'm hoping to spend some time today mocking them up.

Has anybody else come across this member's car? Looks like he has some European made widebody kit for the rear, but it doesn't look too wide. Maybe an inch or two wider than factory? Hard to tell from the pics. I tried PM'ing him months ago and never got a response.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/member.php?u=62964

He's running some wiiide ass tires, and they look like they might tuck if it were lowered more! According to his profile, they're 285/30R18 mounted on 11.5" wheels!

Nice it's one of the european targa models as well. I'm guessing that's a full on sheetmetal replacement and a one off job at that.

Reminds me of my buddy's old foxbody.

If cost is no object, this is by far the best way to go for looks.

Kyle, How low are you going to lower the car this time?
And it doesnt sound like you had much fitment issues with putting them on.
I like those fender flares your bolting up, but my wheels dont stick out far enough
for them to look right need to find a less obtrusive fenderflare.

Well I can take alot more out of the front than I can the rear so that will limit how low I can go with it. The last thing I want to do is slam it in the front and leave the ass end up all high. It rotates enough as is without weight jacking the car around by ride height adjustments. It will probalby be about an inch lower than what it looks like in those pics as the rear body seam is pretty close to the fender lip already.

Front flares are cut, mounted and finished. Just taking a break before I cut out the rear fenders.

Ich keine sprechen sie deutsch? oh god, it hurts my ears! haha jk.

My german isn't all that great so I showed my German friend that page, and here is what I came up with. The spoiler was 310 Euro, the fenders were 380 (I have no idea what the exchange rate is). However, for some reason it is not available anymore (leider nicht mehr lieferbar). It would be interesting to contact them and see if they are still able to produce the kit, those fenders alone would be worth it.

Sneak Peak.

(Note: hood is all one color, you're just seeing the where the masking tape kept the dust off the car)

Attachments

• S6000149.jpg
    S6000149.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 883
Still haven't got the flares, but I'll be riveting them on after painting them gloss black.

These did come in however.

225/50-16 Khumo V700 Victoracer vs 275/40-17 Falken Azenis RT-615

17x9", +24 offset, 21lbs, $129 a piece shipped

LOL you are completely copying me LOL

flares are for a 240z from www.thezstore.com

I've got photos of the entire process. Not tons, but I can take more pretty easy.

Attachments

• flares1.jpg
    flares1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,013
  • flares 2.jpg
    flares 2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • flares 3.jpg
    flares 3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,025
Wow! The combo looks great. I can't wait to see those in person. Only have to wait a month too. Don't worry, I will bring something to wipe the drool off with. Actually, you may want to supply some rags. I'm sure I won't be the only one admiring. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back