The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Offset for 17x9 1g Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ideal offset for a 17x9" wheel for a 1g has been determined to be 27mm.

I think when I was looking into RPF-1 wheels, they had a 35mm offset available in the 17x9, which is likely what I would have gotten and run spacers.

Sorry to bring this up AGAIN, but does running the spacer effectively bring the offset to +27mm? I know that you can't actually change the actual offset of the wheel without changing the wheel dimensions themselves and the spacer just increases the back space of the wheel.

I'm curious because I'm looking at a set of Rota Grids or Avid AC06s in a 17x9 +35mm for my 90 GSX.

Sorry to bring this up AGAIN, but does running the spacer effectively bring the offset to +27mm?

If you're at 35 mm using a 5mm and a 3 mm spacer will effectively put you at 27 mm. However you must use ARP strengthened and lengthened studs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back