The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G DSM Auto Trans / Torque converter pilot bushing / bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleakley

Proven Member
Jan 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I just sold the engine out of my 2G FWD and am selling the trans to a friend of mine.
Unfamiliar with all the ins and outs of the DSM world, there is a pilot bushing installed on the end of the crankshaft for the automatics.
Okay, no big deal, just go buy another one if you need one...

UUUUHHHHH????? Wrong.
Where do we source pilot bushings when we need them? My buddy is going to be converting his car from 5-speed to Auto and is going to need the bushing.

Your friend will need this, sorry, its not for sale.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know what part is needed. Mainly asking where to source it, if there’s still a place that has em. Seems they’re all gone. :(
Was hoping someone was machining these for themselves who might do it for someone else. ;)

Wish I had a lathe or CNC, I’d be pumping these out for y’all.

What I did on my 2g auto gsx is I used one from a 2001 2.4L galant (The same pilot bushing as the one on 2.4L Spyder) by machining to enlarge the smaller part of inner stepped part (The green part in the second pic below). IIRC, the ID of larger part was the same as turbo DSM. It's also discontinued but easier to find a NOS or an used.

MD756767

MD756766

Okay, glad to hear there are at least other options you can make work, thus increasing the chance of getting something together.

Your friend will need this, sorry, its not for sale.
Stm lists this part number as in stock. Wonder if they got them? Its only saying for the 6 bolt though? Did they change bushes in the 7 bolt.

I also had the same problem about a month ago and I took a chance buying the 2.4 in hopes it would fit but it didn't. I had to do the same as @DSMPT did. Everything fits and works just fine you just need to shave the inner side a little like he said.

If I get a chance ( my house got hit by lightning on Friday) I can give dimensions so they can be machined by a shop. Just give me some time, lotta stuff fried in the strike. Didn't get my shop thank goodness.

If I get a chance ( my house got hit by lightning on Friday) I can give dimensions so they can be machined by a shop. Just give me some time, lotta stuff fried in the strike. Didn't get my shop thank goodness.

Did you get a chance to look at the specs for the bushing?

Yeah we need specs. If you’re willing to ship it to me, I’ll pay you for it, take measurements and ship it back if need be. Really would like to get this information out there.

I really haven't I had a used one that I sent to a member to do that exact thing and then hopefully make a run of them. I have one more in the back of a crank that I could try to measure but yes I am still busy with all the damage and repairs and new discoveries so I'm sorry.

I have the one in the back of a crank that I just need TIME to do it and make a drawing. I don't want to let you guys down. Old age makes me slower than I used to be. :/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back