The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bumper Side License Plate Mount: Do they exist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlebain said:
Evo 8 mount..

Back before I sold my car, then bought it back I had the evo 8 bracket. Believe it was 80 some odd dollars from the dealer. With the dremmel tool and a little bit of sanding it sit flush with the bumper and looked really good. Only issue I remember is it blocked just the top part of the fog light.
Might get me another one if I ever decide to trim my front bumper and get it mounted :p.

Let me see if I can dig up a pic or two.

Jayson

Attachments

• 101_1021.jpg
    101_1021.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 101_1024.jpg
    101_1024.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Looks good! If you're running fog lights, I can see how that would be annoying. But I don't think I will be.

Back before I sold my car, then bought it back I had the evo 8 bracket. Believe it was 80 some odd dollars from the dealer. With the dremmel tool and a little bit of sanding it sit flush with the bumper and looked really good. Only issue I remember is it blocked just the top part of the fog light.
Might get me another one if I ever decide to trim my front bumper and get it mounted :p.

Let me see if I can dig up a pic or two.

Jayson

Anyone have ideas W/O blocking the foglight?

You could always just go crazy and not run a front... if a cop decides he has nothing to do and pull you over just have the plate under your seat and toss it on the dash real quick.

Since posting in this year old thread a year ago ive since taken my front plate off and bondo'd the holes up... never been harassed once.

When I was harassed one time in my 11 years of driving I just pointed to the brand new $50k beemer across the intersection that didnt even have a spot for a front plate and said... you gonna go get him too? Got a warning and that was that... id say that was 8 years ago because its when I had my gti, never been pulled over for no front plate since.

I'm with breezio on this one... I have been running around without a front plate for 8years, and only once did I get a ticket, and that was parked on a city street. Needless to say, I contested the ticket by taking a picture with the front plate on, inside the lower front mouth opening of bumper and beat the ticket! I say do without it..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back