The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Bank robber fleeing from cops hits a Supra head on, kills college student

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's funny, how many of you think the Consititution is trash.

:notgood:
 
Horrible, why didnt the cops back off if he was driving like this? He stole money, should have let him go. Or at least taken the cruisers away and kept the chopper. Poor guy.


No of us were cops in that situation and none of us made any decisions. If he would have got away all the hindsight people would have criticism for that scenario as well. They did what they could and acted as they should have.

On top of all this he robbed the bank at gun point and was pointing his gun at officers, he was not going to be let go no matter what.
 
Horrible, why didnt the cops back off if he was driving like this? He stole money, should have let him go. Or at least taken the cruisers away and kept the chopper. Poor guy.

Your the second person to mention this I think and if you watched the video, which I'm assuming you did, there were NO COPS NEAR HIM. Quit trying to blame this worthless sum's choice on the cops. ####ing liberals... Sorry, I'll end my rant, but that just pisses me off...
The fact of the matter is it happened, there are no if, ands, or buts about it. :toobad:
 
Your the second person to mention this I think and if you watched the video, which I'm assuming you did, there were NO COPS NEAR HIM. Quit trying to blame this worthless sum's choice on the cops. ####ing liberals... Sorry, I'll end my rant, but that just pisses me off...
The fact of the matter is it happened, there are no if, ands, or buts about it. :toobad:

I don't think political spectrums should be brought into this thread. Everyone second guesses everything, it's human nature, whether you are right or left leaning.

If the guy had a gun out and was pointing it at people, the cops are not going to back off and just 'follow' him. Their job is to ensure the safety of the citizen populace. It's like putting your gun down in a hostage situation, you're guaranteed dead hostages and dead LEO's. Would you want someone running down your street with a loaded gun while your children were out playing on the front lawn?

The police officers did all they could in this scenario. Any of this theoretical stuff is just that. As I stated in my previous post, opening fire on someone in an urban environment is not a decision to be made lightly, contrary to what some of you obviously think.

This isn't directed at you, supravw, I just feel that there are a lot of people living in a fantasy world when it comes to firearms and law enforcement. Sometimes, even hindsight is not 20/20.
 
Your the second person to mention this I think and if you watched the video, which I'm assuming you did, there were NO COPS NEAR HIM. Quit trying to blame this worthless sum's choice on the cops. ####ing liberals... Sorry, I'll end my rant, but that just pisses me off...
The fact of the matter is it happened, there are no if, ands, or buts about it. :toobad:

I wasnt blaming the police, just thought they had something where they back off if the driver is endangering civilians.
 
I wasnt blaming the police, just thought they had something where they back off if the driver is endangering civilians.

I've seen them do that for speeders and people who wont pull over for traffic violations, but a crime commited with a deadly weapon? Not that I can ever recall. Even though you can kill someone with a car just as easily as you could with a firearm..

I do know what you're talking about though.
 
You gotta neutralize the threat before moving on.

I'm sure the cops knew both them ppl were gonna die regardless. You don't survive those kinds of crashes. What can cops do anyway? They aren't trained paramedics.
 
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top