The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Supra Quartermile

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

local guy here, brett todd has an 8 second white supra. RRev motorsports. pertty sweet little car if you ask me.

I love dsm's but 2jz's are way better 800whp+ on stock block and still be daily driven. MY next build will be a sc300 after I get my car into the 11's.

I bet that guy has more than 20G's in his supra. Give us 10, and we could probly do about the same.. If you do alot of fab work, you could probly do it for less. Unless your one of those rich boy's that money is no object. But to those of os who work for a living, a dsm is probly our best bet. And if your in the right area and make $11 bucks an hour or more to start. You could probly afford an EVO if you really wanted to. But who wants to spend 15K on a evo when 15K in a dsm would be freakin insane.. I'm contradicting myself because I would spend 15K on a stock Evo, just to say I own an EVO..

dont get me wrong I love dsm's but your an IDIOT if you wouldnt trade your 5k car for a easy 15+ if not up to 60k. DSM's are sweet, but a supra is a HELL of a lot more car and alot more reliable. C'mon guys how often do you see a 1995 car going for that much
Supra>DSM

supras would be better if they were awd, and had better tuning options. just bought mines working on it right now has maybe little less then 400hp. and love it.

For the people saying the rwd is a downfall, it's not. RWD is the BEST drivetrain setup for a drag car. Go cut some low 1.4 60ft's on drag radials in your car everytime you launch and prove me wrong. Let's not even talk about using a full slick on a rwd car and what 60ft times they can get.

Tuning options? AEM

If I had the money to buy a supra, I wouldn't. Not because I don't like them, because I do, but because I would buy my dream car instead. A C5 vette.

For the people saying the rwd is a downfall, it's not. RWD is the BEST drivetrain setup for a drag car. Go cut some low 1.4 60ft's on drag radials in your car everytime you launch and prove me wrong. Let's not even talk about using a full slick on a rwd car and what 60ft times they can get.

Tuning options? AEM

If I had the money to buy a supra, I wouldn't. Not because I don't like them, because I do, but because I would buy my dream car instead. A C5 vette.

not every supra owner has enough aem, hell I'm thinking of selling my dsm for one though.

Are you talking the C5 that comes stock ooopercharged, or the basic C5 N/A. I'm not really sure how you actually go about getting the ooopercharged one, but would be badass. Or shell out more money and buy the linkonfeilter corvette, which I heard were just insane. The last one I seen on Barrett Jackson went for like 80K, but would be soooo worth it...

Supras are slow wha wha whaaaaat???

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZ0I99wjFLM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZ0I99wjFLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4M0dhmVADg0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4M0dhmVADg0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Q: What's the difference between an 800HP Supra and a 1200HP Supra??

A: Nothing... They both run 9's. ROFL ROFL

Are you talking the C5 that comes stock ooopercharged, or the basic C5 N/A. I'm not really sure how you actually go about getting the ooopercharged one, but would be badass. Or shell out more money and buy the linkonfeilter corvette, which I heard were just insane. The last one I seen on Barrett Jackson went for like 80K, but would be soooo worth it...

The C5's are 97-04. They never came supercharged from the factory. You did have the Z06 option that came with more power(405) and a better suspension though. You're thinking of the new C6's. The new C6 Z06 is the supercharged one you are thinking of. I can get the one I want in the low $20,000 range wih low mileage on them.

beating4g63s said:
not every supra owner has enough aem

I don't get what you are trying to say? There are a lot more options for tuning a supra also.

The C5's are 97-04. They never came supercharged from the factory. You did have the Z06 option that came with more power(405) and a better suspension though. You're thinking of the new C6's. The new C6 Z06 is the supercharged one you are thinking of. I can get the one I want in the low $20,000 range wih low mileage on them.

I don't get what you are trying to say? There are a lot more options for tuning a supra also.

The new c6 z06 is not supercharged. The zr1 is.

The new c6 z06 is not supercharged. The zr1 is.

I don't know what I was thinking typing that? Maybe because he put 80,000?

Bud92gsx- The new C6 comes with a 6.0L engine. The new C6 Z06($80,000 one) comes with a 7.0L engine.

They just generate way too much power to put down to the ground without spinning.

Uhh, I just ran a 1.85 60' on old ass BFG street tires thanks, could have done a bit better but I was tuning and not going for times, just trying to be consistent. It's all in the track prep. No 1/4 mile times but I did pull a 7.76@90mph in the 1/8th, currently retuning it, I was able to pull a 93mph run with less boost on a different EMS, just trying to get it back to that point right now.

Dyno run is coming the first of next month.

Tuning options? AEM

Tuning options? AEM is a good middle, popular piggyback is MAP-ecu which rates lower than that junk box they call an e-manage, buddy of mine has a MoTec on his Supra and that's gotta be the best thing I've seen in a while. Also, if you choose a C5 over a Supra, I'm going to call you a little strange, C6 I can understand. At least the C5s got an LS1, and the C5 Z06s really are a damn fun car. Either way, it's all about what you feel right in. I will bounce back here a second and ask why a C5 instead of a C6.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back