The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Supra Quartermile

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Also, if you choose a C5 over a Supra, I'm going to call you a little strange, C6 I can understand. At least the C5s got an LS1, and the C5 Z06s really are a damn fun car. Either way, it's all about what you feel right in. I will bounce back here a second and ask why a C5 instead of a C6.

Call me strange then. When I have the money I will buy a C5 and not even think about a supra.

Why a C5 over a C6? I have wanted a C5 since they came out. I don't like how the C6 looks. The C5 costs less than half the C6. C5 is just as capable as a drag car, corner car, highway car, or daily driver. I know more about the C5.

Call me strange then. When I have the money I will buy a C5 and not even think about a supra.

Why a C5 over a C6? I have wanted a C5 since they came out. I don't like how the C6 looks. The C5 costs less than half the C6. C5 is just as capable as a drag car, corner car, highway car, or daily driver. I know more about the C5.

Fair enough you f'ing nut. I'm just glad you at least said C5 which is still a respectable car, if you told me C4 then I'd start giving you crap ;)

Fair enough you f'ing nut.
:shhh::cool::D

I'm just glad you at least said C5 which is still a respectable car, if you told me C4 then I'd start giving you crap ;)

I would want you to if I said that.:barf:

The only car I want more than a C5, I will probably never be able to afford. SALEEN S7. I can dream though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqEFIMBumJs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqEFIMBumJs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
8.56....that's faster than the supra previously postedROFL

another AMS EVO
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iyl61YmFHn8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iyl61YmFHn8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
watch from 1:19 to the end. He takes off like a damn rocket from a roll.;)

RWD=0.9xx 60's. AWD=1.2/1.4 60's. FWD=1.2/1.4 60's.
would i own a supra, no. would i transplant a 2JZ into a neon, :thumb:
ROFL ROFL ROFL

YOU can build a na-t sc300 cheaper than a dsm. The Ebay turbo kits for those cars are only like 1200 and there tried and proven on many supra and other 2jz sites. you can build a really ####in nice 600+whp sc300 cheaper than you can build a 450whp dsm. FOr those who don't know but a sc300 is basically a supra in sheeps clothing. ONly thing sucks is you have to run slicks to get any decent 1/4mile time. As far as evo's go there badass cars but i rather build a 600whp sc300 and a 500whp dsm for that same 15k.

One of the other reasons you will find high horsepower Supra's running slow ET's is the weak point of their setup is the stock rear diff. When you start running slicks on these cars with a lot of power they can be over whelmed much in the same way as our cars can be with slicks. If you do not preload the drivetrain the shock of a hard launch can be to much for the components and the weakest link will be the first to go. So in the Supra's case many owners are afraid to run slicks so they don't break the diff accidently. This is why you hear of so many 500-800 hp Supras running 11s and 12s. Almost all of these cars are 6spd's as auto's can use a transbrake to preload the drivetrain.

One of the other reasons you will find high horsepower Supra's running slow ET's is the weak point of their setup is the stock rear diff. When you start running slicks on these cars with a lot of power they can be over whelmed much in the same way as our cars can be with slicks. If you do not preload the drivetrain the shock of a hard launch can be to much for the components and the weakest link will be the first to go. So in the Supra's case many owners are afraid to run slicks so they don't break the diff accidently. This is why you hear of so many 500-800 hp Supras running 11s and 12s. Almost all of these cars are 6spd's as auto's can use a transbrake to preload the drivetrain.

A transbrake does not preload the drivetrain. It puts the transmission in first and reverse at the same time. When turned off, reverse is released and you leave at full throttle. This in a way is the same as launching a manual trans car without preloading it.

A transbrake does not preload the drivetrain. It puts the transmission in first and reverse at the same time. When turned off, reverse is released and you leave at full throttle. This in a way is the same as launching a manual trans car without preloading it.

oooh, ok thanks for the clear up. I just had a misunderstanding then, so I guess that means launching with a transbrake can be just as hazardous to the rear end of the car if not more so then just slipping the clutch in a manual car?

I'm pretty sure this is Marko Djuric's Supra. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, it's just insane.

Not bad for an automatic. ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x13wYqBCf98&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x13wYqBCf98&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm pretty sure this is Marko Djuric's Supra. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, it's just insane.

Not bad for an automatic. ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x13wYqBCf98&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x13wYqBCf98&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Automatic Sports car.
This is an oxymoron. WHY DID THEY MAKE SUPRAS IN AUTO?

Same reason they made DSM's in Auto.

Because an auto car will be more consistent than a manual car any day of the week!

Plus, not everyone likes/knows how to drive a manual car. And manufacturers are in the business of selling cars. If they neglect to produce an auto car they are just giving sales away.

My neighbor has a automatic mkIV. He let me drive, then he took me for a ride. Stong talk coming from a guy with an N/T dsm..

oooh, ok thanks for the clear up. I just had a misunderstanding then, so I guess that means launching with a transbrake can be just as hazardous to the rear end of the car if not more so then just slipping the clutch in a manual car?

Correct. The safest ways to launch an auto are:

1. Left foot on brake. Right foot on gas till the car wants to move. Let off the brake when ready.

2. Having a line lock on the car to keep it from rolling forward. Gas down till the car wants to move. Release the line lock when ready.

For the people saying the rwd is a downfall, it's not. RWD is the BEST drivetrain setup for a drag car. Go cut some low 1.4 60ft's on drag radials in your car everytime you launch and prove me wrong. Let's not even talk about using a full slick on a rwd car and what 60ft times they can get.

Tuning options? AEM

If I had the money to buy a supra, I wouldn't. Not because I don't like them, because I do, but because I would buy my dream car instead. A C5 vette.

your totally true man, everyone on here thinks RWD is so bad because their friends got s10s with 185 tires that dont ever get traction and they think a supra with 500+hp would be worse, who's running 3 and 4 sec 1/4 miles guys? Definately not AWD cars. Theirs alot more to RWD. I good suspension, tires etc and you'll hook up just as good if not better then some AWD cars, and you being a vette guy I couldnt agree more. I love C5's man! I would take a C6 ZO6 over a C5 but I do plan on having a C5 within the next year, love me a corvette haha

The Supra I tune and race is an automatic. Honestly never liked Autos PERIOD until I was able to work with this car. It will change anybodies opinion after the first ride in it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

your totally true man, everyone on here thinks RWD is so bad because their friends got s10s with 185 tires that dont ever get traction and they think a supra with 500+hp would be worse, who's running 3 and 4 sec 1/4 miles guys? Definately not AWD cars. Theirs alot more to RWD. I good suspension, tires etc and you'll hook up just as good if not better then some AWD cars, and you being a vette guy I couldnt agree more. I love C5's man! I would take a C6 ZO6 over a C5 but I do plan on having a C5 within the next year, love me a corvette haha

Yea Id prefer a C6 also.

And your right, most of the dsm newbies out there think their cars are truely superior just because they have AWD. Most people neglect to consider that the fastests cars down the strip are RWD, and thats is mainly what the pros stick to, besides they dont WANT more shit to break with the kind of power there generating. It takes a lot of money and effort to keep a 1000+ AWD car together .

With enough money anything can be setup to go fast and get out of the hole.
FWD can be made to potientially cut 1.4-1.5ish 60fts. The fastests AWD cars have done 1.2-1.3 60fts. The fasts RWD cars are faster than 1.0 60fts...

The only real advantage of AWD is that you get street domination.
Most fast FWD/RWD cars NEED their slicks to cut those fast out of the hole times were as we dont and we can pretty much consistently do 1.6s without worrying about spinning thru 2nd/3rd/4th gear while being on street tires.
Plus the streets are harder to hook on anyways just because of all the different road conditions, and that doesnt seem to affect our acceleration as much as it does other drivetrains.

Supras are awesome imports, and id consider the badest 6 cylinder motor out there.
But these Supra guys dont glorify themselves on super fast 1/4 miles like we do. They just want to be dyno queens with insane topspeed to blast by anything on the highway.
They dont want drag suspensions, and welded diffs, and monster slicks on their cars.

But look up Darrens Titan motorsports supra if you want to see another supra thats drag built.I believe the Titan motorsports supra is currently the fastest ( High 7's)

Automatic Sports car.
This is an oxymoron. WHY DID THEY MAKE SUPRAS IN AUTO?

2 spd auto > any manual for drag....

and you do realize that an automatic can do absolutely everything better then a human? shift way faster, rev match way faster, take all the human error out... i cant think of very many exotics that still use h patterns and of course the pinnacle of car racing uses automatics.

Yea Id prefer a C6 also.

And your right, most of the dsm newbies out there think their cars are truely superior just because they have AWD. Most people neglect to consider that the fastests cars down the strip are RWD, and thats is mainly what the pros stick to, besides they dont WANT more shit to break with the kind of power there generating. It takes a lot of money and effort to keep a 1000+ AWD car together .

With enough money anything can be setup to go fast and get out of the hole.
FWD can be made to potientially cut 1.4-1.5ish 60fts. The fastests AWD cars have done 1.2-1.3 60fts. The fasts RWD cars are faster than 1.0 60fts...

The only real advantage of AWD is that you get street domination.
Most fast FWD/RWD cars NEED their slicks to cut those fast out of the hole times were as we dont and we can pretty much consistently do 1.6s without worrying about spinning thru 2nd/3rd/4th gear while being on street tires.
Plus the streets are harder to hook on anyways just because of all the different road conditions, and that doesnt seem to affect our acceleration as much as it does other drivetrains.

Supras are awesome imports, and id consider the badest 6 cylinder motor out there.
But these Supra guys dont glorify themselves on super fast 1/4 miles like we do. They just want to be dyno queens with insane topspeed to blast by anything on the highway.
They dont want drag suspensions, and welded diffs, and monster slicks on their cars.

But look up Darrens Titan motorsports supra if you want to see another supra thats drag built.I believe the Titan motorsports supra is currently the fastest ( High 7's)

Sorry can't hear your post over the sound of this AWD 6cyl Monster
YouTube - Sick Skyline Dyno pull

I've always loved Supras, but will probably never own one. I love the purr of the 2JZ, it's an amazing sounding motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back