The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 98 Eclipse GSX : Best Replacement Alternator Available in Current Market?

plcooke87

Probationary Member
Dec 18, 2021
Austin, Texas
What is the best quality replacement alternator available in the current market?

Vehicle - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

TIA,
Patrick

Shimmer

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2008
Vancouver, BC_Canada

Mello

Proven Member
Jul 4, 2003
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
After doing a lot of research I bought this from RockAuto.com 90A Mitsubishi Alternator & so far all's good. BBB Industries is the new electronics division of Remy. Remy used to be AC Delco's reman. sub before GM had to sell them off.

chrysler kid

Proven Member
Dec 20, 2002
Mckinney, Texas
I work at a major auto parts seller.

The aftermarket ones are garbage. We are talking at best early 2000's remanufacturing and a part thats sit on a shelf for another 15 years. This is regardless of napa, oreilly, autozone etc.

I went through 3 different remanufactured ones, the first was dead on install, second barely made 12.5 volts, third had stripped mounting holes in jad to retap.

If you get a rebuilt one make sure it has a good warranty, that your oreillys or autozone will be understanding when you need a new one

luv2rallye

DSM Wiseman
Jun 7, 2003
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds