The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Radiator for 98 Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xstrat33

Proven Member
Apr 7, 2013
Hamburg, Arkansas
Hey guys, I just got a new radiator for my 98 Eclipse GSX. I ran into a part where I got a bit confused though. The new radiator I was putting in had 2 extra hooks compared to the one I took out. Now in front of the radiator on the drivers side is a device like the one linked here at the bottom: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/466722-need-help-radiator-my-auto-gsx.html

Can I still use this radiator or do I need to send it back?
My eclipse is automatic by the way.

Also, does this mean I can use manual only radiators like the one here: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator

If that link doesnt work it's the Mishimoto radiator for a manual eclipse.

You would just not use the two bottoms nipples in your situation. If you had an automatic, you would hook up your transmission cooler lines there.

Edit- I just saw that you are auto. I'm not sure if all do, but least some years have an external auto transmission cooler. You can use either the external cooler, the one in the radiator, or both. I recommend both.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back