The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 6 bolt block refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the crank is stock and in spec from the machine shop, you are fine with original size.
Pistons usually come with recommended specs.
.002 is good for longevity
.005 is good for revin the piss outta it
Have a tight bearing clearance is the main thing.
I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner.

Dude I wouldn’t buy bearings, let the machine shop order the ones you want once you tell them your goals for the motor after they’ve inspected everything, you see parts for sale all the time that people bought too soon and have to sell after the machine shop tells them they won’t work

Dude I wouldn’t buy bearings, let the machine shop order the ones you want once you tell them your goals for the motor after they’ve inspected everything, you see parts for sale all the time that people bought too soon and have to sell after the machine shop tells them they won’t work

I get what you’re saying Jeremy. But I like doing what I can myself for knowledge and experience. Saving the benjis is a plus too :).

Hey man I get it, really with bearings I guess just pick the clearance you want, and then either a softer race bearing or standard whichever you prefer:thumb:, I personally just don’t mind going off the builders recommendation and being like “sure just put it on my tab” LOL

Yeah if I had the crank turned or there was catastrophic failure, then maybe. Since my crank and bearing all look good, I should be fine with standard bearings. Of course I’ll check clearance on reassembly. “Just put it on my tab” LOL. I like that :thumb:

Side note. I got your valves installed. Thanks for the hook up J.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back