The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 420a safe at 7300rpm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the bottom end were balanced at a shop and had ARP rod bolts I would give it a go if I had the supporting modifications to run the motor to that extent. (But I build motors so I know who would have to fix it if it went south)

I would. I am not sure on the strength of the connecting rods or crank but would think they would do ok with a proper TUNE.
@BLACK'98DSM , do you have any info that will be helpful to this thread? You are good with the 420 motors. :)

The factory wouldn’t allow it to rev to 7,200 if they didn’t feel it was safe to do so. I’ve seen stock bottom ends spun past 8,000 without the ARPs (though I would advise them if you are going to be rough on it). The stock limiter is totally fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back