1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Bee R rev limiter install help

Posted by 7ravon, Aug 3, 2020

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. 7ravon

7ravon Probationary Member

Joined Aug 3, 2020
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Hey I’m new to DSMtuners and modifying cars in general I’ve only done small stuff to my car like installed a header, wrapped it, installed a oil pan and things like that but I’ve been to a few car meets and it seems like everyone can spit flames in their cars I understand how that works with anti Lag and rev limiters, since I haven’t gotten the chance to turbocharge my car yet (which is a plan sometime down the line) I bought a rev limiter not too long ago and as expected there wasn’t any tutorial on how to install it on my car it’s a bee R rev limiter and the other people who had questions on how to install it got bashed on this forum and also didn’t actually get help, I understand how to install it up until one point... here’s the description on the paper that came with the limiter
    https://images.app.goo.gl/GX8DLuUqhdxY6Hdk8
    On the Mitsubishi section it tells me to connect the green wire (on the rev limiter) to the crank angle sensor on the ECU and connect the Yellow wire to the (igniter unit) now I’ve looked and nobody seems to understand how to set this thing up. Here’s the pinout of my ECU
    http://www.dsmlink.com/images/forums/2GECUPinout.pdf

Now do I need to connect the yellow wire to wires 10 and 23 or to wire 52

please no sarcasm or hate or bashing I just want help on this

Street Build 54  2

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Likely that 90% of us here have never heard of this product or have ever known anyone to install one.

Drag Race Build 4K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. 7ravon

Joined Aug 3, 2020
    Wow that’s unfortunate

Street Build 54  2

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. redrkt

redrkt Proven Member

Joined Apr 21, 2003
    kalamazoo, Michigan
    I have limited knowledge about the product but based on the instructions I'd say your on the right track. Yellow to 10 and 23 and green to 89. You def don't want to use pin 52.

474  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    11.988 @ 115.020 · 1G DSM
  5. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    I have installed the Bee-R on DSM several times. Yeah that is totally not popular in DSM community. The Bee-R 2 step rev limiter was very popular devise for drifting guys in Japan many years ago. And that works on 4g6 equipped DSM, too (I'm not sure if it works on a 420A DSM). Just be careful that nowadays there are soooo many cheap knockoffs from China and South Asia. In my experience, some knockoffs work, some don't work properly.

The red/yellow/green wires go as the pic below (That's the manual that is supposed to come with a real Bee-R) and the white wire goes to some ground switch such as parking brake switch or clutch switch. When the white is grounded, it will switch to the 2nd channel. And cut the gray wire for 4 cylinder cars. If you got an used unit and the brown wire is already cut, just reconnect it.

Bee-R.jpg

Drag Race Build 2K  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
    TK's9d2TSi and 1990TSIAWDTALON like this.
  6. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    Just what is it you're trying to do?

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho

Street Build 921  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

854  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 3K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    TK's9d2TSi likes this.
  8. 7ravon

Joined Aug 3, 2020
    I appreciate that so much

Street Build 54  2

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  9. 7ravon

Joined Aug 3, 2020
    well see I just wanted to shoot flames without spending a lot of money on an ecu and tune it’s something temporary and just for fun I’m really testing to see if I’m good at modding or not also I know what 2 step can do to an engine so obviously I wouldn’t do it on a daily basis maybe only at meets but rarely

Street Build 54  2

fwd · manual · 2G DSM