The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Fricken Rev Limiter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickman

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 10, 2002
Poulsbo, Washington
I was racing a GST on the freeway this morning and we were just playing around doing around 90.He decided to take off so I followed suit.I dropped down into third and I was pulling hard in third and then it hit.That horrible sound that sounds like you floored your car in neutral.By the time I got back into 4th he had a car lenght on me.

Anyways,Is there anyway to fool the ecu into thinking the rpm's are lower than they actually are???That is besides using a standalone ecu...

AFX makes an PCM for our cars and it raises the rev limiter to 8200rpm, advances timing, and some other things. It made 10 whp on a stock car and it could have made even more if it had more time on the car. So the gain will be even greater on a modified car. go to www.howellautomotive.com and give them a call

yeah I forgot you have a 95, they only make the ECU's for 96-98 5-speeds. They are working on an ECU for 99 MTX cars though. Other than that your only other option is to get either a complete stand alone or atleast a DFI. With a DFI you will be able to rev until igntion cut at 7800rpm.

So I should just stick with the stock ecu and an a/f cotroller(s-afc)???

One more thing,are the cars that are having troubles with standalones obd1 or obdII???

That could make a big difference right???

well no one that i know of has actually went out and got a complete standalone, most just have the DFI and they are having issues with that. It might not be the same if you get a Tec3 or something like that

Does the AEM EMS work on our cars???
I know they retail for around $1500 and I think RRE sells the ones that are plug n play for DSM's,but I don't know if they will work on our NT's...

they do not make a specific one for our car, I believe Murix has purchased one to put on his car and he had to get a universal unit. The plug and play version is for the 4G63 boys only

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back