The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1GB Talon TSI 16G, on methanol

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got it running and on the dyno last night. I'll take some vids tonight.. pic from last night:

photo_zpsb1e2990b.jpg

Love it!!!:hellyeah:

dyno vid :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yflQhSOySb0]Force Engineering 16g dyno - YouTube[/ame]

380/370.. The 11:1 combo made 400/375

I've been working on the car a bit or the last week.. Started making a chute mount. Yes I know I dont need it now, but with the Fp black I figure I probably will. also got started on the body work, hoping to have it painted in the next couple weeks. Put in a Tach (stock one never worked). Also put a new shifter in the car, had a few issues with the old one.

Flush Fuel door
photo_zps0d37b8dd.jpg

New tach
photo_zps751f8d09.jpg

New shifter B&M Pro Ratchet Stealth
photo_zpsad4529a7.jpg

Chute Mount
photo_zpsdfbdc4e1.jpg

photo_zps323358a1.jpg

Some weight reduction... every little bit counts.. there lots of little bits left still..
photo_zpsc7ea7b41.jpg

Well, We are getting closer to painting. we removed some weight, and I picked up a set of K-sports and put my spring combo on them.

Our body man is doing more of his fare share on this thing at the moment.
photo_zps70c34202.jpg

photo_zpsc0d38f39.jpg

photo_zpsc7b2ed01.jpg

photo_zpsd479906c.jpg

This is my new favorite pic of the car.. ring of fire!
photo_zps84cfa490.jpg

Hoping to have color on it by next week, and I sent out my new block To get baked and blasted before I start machining it for the 11:1 aluminum rod combo.

Nice build coming along.

Thanks!

We've got some paint on it. Hoping to have it painted by the weekend, but work will probably find away to get in the way of that. Also got the new block back from getting blasted, Just got finished filling it, and my rods will be here tomorrow. Pistons should be here Friday, or next week at some point. I'll have to finish the cage before I get it back together.. I'm excited to get the new engine in and play with a few ideas I've been wanting to try for awhile.

photo_zps84102274.jpg

photo_zps51a6c1c9.jpg

Great project,nice to see it being painted. Look forward to more updates.

Finally got some paint on the car yesterday. Lots left to do as far as putting it back together and some air-brush work here and there.

photo_zpsf1371803.jpg

Also got my pistons and rods in. Have to start balancing them soon. Block is decked and will be bored and honed as soon as I get time. Hoping to be able to get the new front struts on the front and ride height set by the end of the week. Then I can put the new wheel and tire combo on! Super excited to see it all together.

photo_zps7d2a792d.jpg

photo_zps12d3394f.jpg

photo_zps621a59df.jpg

photo_zps513fd6d1.jpg

photo_zpsa36c0e0f.jpg

photo_zpsf9c4fa49.jpg

Lots to come guys! extremely excited to get the car together with the new combo and see how much further we can push the 16g. Then the EVO FP black :)

Lots to come guys! extremely excited to get the car together with the new combo and see how much further we can push the 16g. Then the EVO FP black :)

Still no 14b?

Still no 14b?

Yeah we're planing on putting a 14b on it sometime before I put the evo stuff on it. If I don't try for the 14b record Paul Volk will probably kill me..

Yeah we're planing on putting a 14b on it sometime before I put the evo stuff on it. If I don't try for the 14b record Paul Volk will probably kill me..

You should let me know when, we'll run them next to each other :thumb:
Stuff's looking really good though, can't wait to see it running at Martin soon.

You should let me know when, we'll run them next to each other :thumb:
Stuff's looking really good though, can't wait to see it running at Martin soon.

Thanks man! And for sure! That would be a good time.. Have Paul and few people come hang and get some drinks afterwards.

Sounds good to me. I've been thinking about maybe getting this thing on your dyno sometime too.

Did you end up getting a new chra from fp?

You should do that! I haven't gotten one yet. I should probably do that.

finally got all the paint done (other than the airbrush work)

photo_zpsc363768e.jpg

photo_zps51c9b3d6.jpg

photo_zps6ada0353.jpg

I need to get some chrome moly ordered to finish the cage then I can put the windshield back in. Still have to bore the block for the aluminum rod engine. Trying to get the car done so i can drive it around.

got it on the ground

photo_zpscc7bda99.jpg

photo_zps7aee00f3.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back