The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

14B Record Has Been Reset!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great job. I think the boys from force engineering should slap a 14b on and see what they can do. I think that is the closest small turbo awd car that could have a shot.

I know you guys are watching. What do you say boys from Force Engineering?

Agreed! Think Tyler mentioned something to that effect.. so plans may be in motion. :hmm:

Yes he mentioned it before I even hit the record. He said now he's motivated. So I'm sure he will get the turbo on an try to lose a little weight. Ill say I'm only .44 away from his big 16g pass. So it'll be interesting to see what he can do.

Congrats! The weight and 60ft of the car is awesome. I haven't been following this record but everyone is ok with the swapped back housing?

Ya the weight really hurts traction. With what I learned the passed week or two, there's a bit more in the 60' department with a few more tweaks.

Ya the housing really isn't the turbo. Most the active guys on the 14b thread discussed the turbo had to be a stock cartridge with no mods to the wheels.

thats pretty damn impressive, congrats!

Great job. I think the boys from force engineering should slap a 14b on and see what they can do. I think that is the closest small turbo awd car that could have a shot.

I know you guys are watching. What do you say boys from Force Engineering?

I have a 14b on the shelf, and I do have plans to put it on the car here soon. Although my car weighing 2850 w/me is going to make it tough. Justin has set the bar high! congrats man! :hellyeah:

This is for you!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You really raised the bar! HA
Amazin!

I giggle everytime I scroll past this.

That record held for a LONG time! I'm glad to see that you were finally able to take it Justin! Congrats!

thats pretty damn impressive, congrats!
It is, but I don't think its as impressive as reinventing the wheel on crankcase ventilation :p

Congrats Justin

I have a 14b on the shelf, and I do have plans to put it on the car here soon. Although my car weighing 2850 w/me is going to make it tough. Justin has set the bar high! congrats man! :hellyeah:

Thank you, Thank you Guys.
They say all records are ment to be broken. I want to set it that it takes a very long time again.

Tyler you guys always bring interesting stuff to the table. I cant wait to see how you guys handle it with the 14B.

Job well done!

What do you think were the biggest changes that made the difference since your 11.0 second run about a year ago?

Job well done!

What do you think were the biggest changes that made the difference since your 11.0 second run about a year ago?

Funny you ask. The tune was the tune from that 11.0@125 day. I tweaked the VE tables a little to line things up. I changed a bunch of stuff. Went from M/T 24.5x8s to M&H 24.5x8.5s, evo 3 turbine housing over the big 16g housing, lots of heat control stuff even ceramic coated housing and mani, 2.5" up pipe over the long 3" DP, and a little bit of weight reduction.

Video is up of the quickest pass.

Congrats Justin!

This is quite an accomplishment. Very few people know how much work it is to make this happen, and it seems sometimes people would rather put more effort into discrediting what you're doing anyway. Don't let anyone take away from what you've done. Sit and enjoy being on top for what could be a very long time. :) I enjoyed holding that record for over 8 years, but I'm glad it was taken by someone who exhibits hard work and class like you.

Congrats Justin!

This is quite an accomplishment. Very few people know how much work it is to make this happen, and it seems sometimes people would rather put more effort into discrediting what you're doing anyway. Don't let anyone take away from what you've done. Sit and enjoy being on top for what could be a very long time. :) I enjoyed holding that record for over 8 years, but I'm glad it was taken by someone who exhibits hard work and class like you.

Looks like someone remembered there log in information :p

Thanks Joe!! The hard work paid off and it was a lot of fun. I don't think anyone is going to forget Joe B and project good will. That's imprinted forever. Im sure the community is as grateful as I am that you have kept the site and all the information up for as long as you have. Its more than just getting out there and racing. Thank you for paving the road.

You mentioned it in messages, you plan on building another car again??

Congrats. Sad i missed it...is it big turbo time?

Dude, we missed you to that weekend. January maybe??

Great job Justin, you worked hard for this. Car is crazy consistent.
People don't realize it's not just about striping a bunch of weight out of a car.....try and launch that same car and cut consistent 1.5 60ft's in a "FWD"..... good luck!!

There's a ton more that goes into this accomplishment and it's not something that's broken(record) everyday.

Drag that gem to the shootout next year!!!!

Great job Justin, you worked hard for this. Car is crazy consistent.
People don't realize it's not just about striping a bunch of weight out of a car.....try and launch that same car and cut consistent 1.5 60ft's in a "FWD"..... good luck!!

There's a ton more that goes into this accomplishment and it's not something that's broken(record) everyday.

Drag that gem to the shootout next year!!!!

If the trip wasn't so damn far I would definitely pack up and take the car to the shootout. I need to drag my happy ass out there first LOL. I hope 2014 will be my first year attending.

1.5s alone took me all year to nail down. The first 60' of the track will gain you so much in ET. Im so hard up about having my cars hook well. If parts break, I want to find a stronger solution. I don't want to feel like im giving anything up. There's more in it to just need to find it.

Mind if I ask the mod list? It doesn't seem to match your profile mods.

I know it's not the prettiest thing ever, but I think some car photo's and engine bay shots are in order.

I have lots of new pics to update my thread. Once I get a chance I will post some up. Im still trying to get my footage taken care of so I can post up most my vids of the year to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back