1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Boost Junkies EVO3 16G No NOS Record Reset 3/28/15

Posted by 1qkfwd, Mar 31, 2015

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. biglady112

biglady112 Proven Member

Joined May 20, 2004
    Commerce City, Colorado
    Why does it seem as if only your right tire is spinning? I thought you had a welded diff?

2. 1qkfwd

1qkfwd DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 16, 2005
    Sun Valley, Nevada
    Illusion I think. The wind was kind of blowing that direction. It's funny cause the other burnout pic I have, all you see is smoke off the right tire. Until you look under the car.

Yes the diff is welded. It's all good to since I did my post race axle check today.

3K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    10.677 @ 128.100 · 1G DSM
  3. jimsgsx

jimsgsx Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2013
    toppenish, Washington
    You dug in good on that last start. It must suck giving people a head start. That could kind of mentally affect launching at start for some people.

Street Build 3K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. jimsgsx

jimsgsx Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2013
    toppenish, Washington
    This comment reminds me of national lampoons christmas. The little lights aren't twinkling Clark.

Street Build 3K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    if you're at the track for tuning and times the "other racer" doesn't matter.

647  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  6. 95GSXracer

95GSXracer DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 25, 2002
    LaRue, Ohio
    I think I missed the Q part. You might be right about that. I never tried Q16, but there is no power advantage with E98 over E85.

Drag Race Build 3K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    7.961 @ 171.10 · 1G DSM
  7. 1qkfwd

1qkfwd DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 16, 2005
    Sun Valley, Nevada
    NO power advantage at all? There has to be some. Maybe not on my level. A few big turbo guys over here made the switch from E85 over to E98.

I really do want to try an Ethanol based fuel. Maybe Ill get a chance this year to try that.

3K  0

8. YZFR1

YZFR1 Proven Member

Joined Apr 8, 2010
    Atlanta, Georgia
    That is awesome Justin, i love how simple yet so much attention to detail your setup is! Big props on all the accomplishments.

I've been thinking about swapping my gtx76 for an evoIII, not to go faster but to have more fun on the street until i can afford to start actually trying to race my car. This is giving me more motivation, seeing how fast people like you and others get so much done on these little snails. Just need to fab up a new LICP and i should be back in the 14b/16g club. :D

You, Phil, Shane, and Pneumo are all huge inspiration for me as far as people without shop backing or shop cars and getting it done!

YZFR1

619  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
    1qkfwd likes this.
  9. 1qkfwd

1qkfwd DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 16, 2005
    Sun Valley, Nevada
    Don't you remember the old saying "keep it simple stupid"? Gotta live by that. There's to many setups out that are to complexed and just don't perform. My cars always have to perform.

People always ask "what are you gonna upgrade next" I tell them "the car will let me know next time out" It works and I do my best to always keep the car running. Keeps things fun.

I know I'm a bit late to the party cause Shane, Phil, Dave, Joe B, and a few others have been at this longer. I know at one time they where my inspiration.

Do what you have to that makes it fun for you.

3K  0

brane_97talon and CrackedDSM like this.