The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

60' time record!!!!!! on a 14b...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnumba1

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2004
South Georiga, Georgia
Ok Im a little confused. I went to the 1/8 mile a couple days ago and I ran a 8.7 at 81 mph on my 16g powered GSX with substanial mods, not bad could do better, but around what i should get. Now my freind brought his 1990 Talon AWD too. I built this car for him its a stock rebuild with a 14b, advanced auto pressure plate and clutch, stock EVERYTHING! under the hood, welded ALL differentials, no boost controller meaning he was at 8psi. His tmes for the night were.... 10.3 ... 9.9...9.8.... then outa nowhere he ran a (((((8.8 at 73mph WITH A 1.2 60' TIME!!!!!!))))) I almost shit myself he beat shepards 60' time! They didnt give him the wrong time slip cause he was racing a 11second integra. How did this happen, Im going to post a timeslip soon to prove it too!

probably he staged his rear tires insted of the fronts.

probably he staged his rear tires insted of the fronts.

Certainly a possibility. Or could be an anomoly of the timing system. This is the reason that we talk about "backing it up". When you hit a certain time, you need to "back it up" by running a close to the same time. Tell him he's gotta do it again (without staging the rears ;)).

MB

LOL that is a posiblity.. I dont see the tech at the starting line allowing that but maybe it happend that would explain alot! Im going to ask him today what happened and ill take a pic of his time slip

wHY? you don't need a big turbo to get a good 60'.

No but you need massive acceleration and I run 8.8's in the 1/8th in my fwd with 2.1 60' times. Certainly doesnt sound like a gutted slick tired high power 14b car or anything which is what it would take to do that on a 14b. I've never personally witnessed a 60' better than 1.6 on a normal 14b car.

No way. A 1.2 is beyond a "good" 60ft. You need slicks, a big turbo, stiff ass suspension, weight reduction, and still couldnt cut a 1.2. A 1.2 on a bone stock 1g is the funniest thing Iv heard all day. ROFLROFL

Well here are my brothers time slips for the 3 runs he got in that night.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was in the car for the last 2 runs and he did not stage the rear tires, although I'm not discounting a technical error. I think as some already said the only thing you can do in a situation like this is attempt to back up your time, so we will head back out to the track on Wednesday.

BTW Sam, I heard that you were snooping around Damon's to try and find out if my brother has done anything else to his car. The fact that you let this bug you so much has had me laughing all day.

Wow. 2.1, 1.9, and a 1.2 with a 1.5 reaction time. There's your issue right there. For some reason the beams never broke until his rear tire crossed the line. That is unless he's so ungodly late on the tree that he sat there for a full second and a half. The 1.9 and 2.1 is typical of a new driver who is having trouble launching his 14b powered stockish 1g car correctly. 1.2 is without a doubt an error.

Ok ...I Ran on the same track I am a 16g powered GSX compare the numbers... and the MPH! I'm no veteran of the track, but I go 3-4 times a year

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't know what you guys are arguing over? That car didn't run a 1.2 60Ft end of story. Shep has with a 4 link setup and thousands of passes and over 1400Whp. You need power to accelerate a given mass, and the heavier the car the more power that is needed. So unless his 14B is making 2000WHp he never came close to that 60Ft.

I just think it's funny that the light didn't go off in their heads. I mean a 2.1, a 1.9, then suddenly a 1.2 60' time? That's so obvious a mistake it'd be like me having a timing error and running a 5 minute laptime at the Nurburgring and proclaiming myself the fastest ever when I'd just got done running two laps in the 7 minute range.

Obviously an error. My best 60ft. ever is a 1.65. I hope to beat that next year on the slicks. I would say 1.4-1.5 are possible.

Phil

I believe he had a 1.4. Would have to look it up though.

I think Bill from Showdown cut a 1.1 or 1.2 or something and they shoed that it was a similar issue where the car was staged with the front tires but the beam didn't break until the rear tires rolled through the lights.

For a car that can pull 2.0G's - which is a VERY, VERY well hooking AWD on a great track and full slicks:

Power-limited 60ft times will be:
1.57 at 14.0
1.49 at 13.0
1.40 at 12.0
1.33 at 11.0
1.26 at 10.0
1.20 at 9.0
1.18 at 8.0

These are unrealistically fast, so anything faster than these is almost positively wrong.

Kevin

Curt went in the 1.4's on the little guys. My best *recorded* 60ft was a 1.35 and I sure as hell hope a 14b car couldn't beat me to the 60 by a tenth and a half! ROFL

I'm not arguing the 1.2 60ft time, thats some kind of error. The 8.8 1/8 mile time is what I'm backing up.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that, hell my traction limited fwd pulled an 8.8

Ok Im a little confused. I went to the 1/8 mile a couple days ago and I ran a 8.7 at 81 mph on my 16g powered GSX with substanial mods, not bad could do better, but around what i should get. Now my freind brought his 1990 Talon AWD too. I built this car for him its a stock rebuild with a 14b, advanced auto pressure plate and clutch, stock EVERYTHING! under the hood, welded ALL differentials, no boost controller meaning he was at 8psi. His tmes for the night were.... 10.3 ... 9.9...9.8.... then outa nowhere he ran a (((((8.8 at 73mph WITH A 1.2 60' TIME!!!!!!))))) I almost shit myself he beat shepards 60' time! They didnt give him the wrong time slip cause he was racing a 11second integra. How did this happen, Im going to post a timeslip soon to prove it too!

I had a friend in a stock Ion Slowlane post a 1.7 60' on stock tires. Its was a good from the computer, there is no way in hell he cut a 1.2 60'. Hell, I have managed to cut a best 1.77 60' on a AWD with DR's so its impossible he cut that on street tires in stock trim.

Congrats on the times for him though, not too shabby.

I had a friend in a stock Ion Slowlane post a 1.7 60' on stock tires. Its was a good from the computer, there is no way in hell he cut a 1.2 60'. Hell, I have managed to cut a best 1.77 60' on a AWD with DR's so its impossible he cut that on street tires in stock trim.

Congrats on the times for him though, not too shabby.

You should be cuttin faster times then 1.77 on drag radials!!! I cut low 1.6's on some cheap street tires and a EVO 3 turbo..

You should be cuttin faster times then 1.77 on drag radials!!! I cut low 1.6's on some cheap street tires and a EVO 3 turbo..

The problem is most people running DR's on AWD are making some serious power, ussually a fairly large turbo that hits hard. Also DR's that are cold are not like a DR on a FWD or RWD after some heat has been put in them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back