The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

60' time record!!!!!! on a 14b...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a friend in a stock Ion Slowlane post a 1.7 60' on stock tires. Its was a good from the computer, there is no way in hell he cut a 1.2 60'. Hell, I have managed to cut a best 1.77 60' on a AWD with DR's so its impossible he cut that on street tires in stock trim.

Congrats on the times for him though, not too shabby.

I think I cut a 1.8 in my fwd. 1.77 is way shabby. How many times have you ran it at the strip?

timing error.... just like the time I ran a 10.75@225mph

timing error plan and simple. If he can do it on his third pass it should be very easy to backup.

The problem is most people running DR's on AWD are making some serious power, ussually a fairly large turbo that hits hard. Also DR's that are cold are not like a DR on a FWD or RWD after some heat has been put in them.

Hmm, I've cut a 1.624 with street tires and a non-lsd 3-bolt rear end. I too would expect to see better 60' #s with DR's. I run a 67mm turbo too, so your big turbo theory goes out the window.

I think it really comes down to what combination of mods you are running with much attention to suspension. I ran 1.67 best on street radials/AGX/Eibach Pro and a best of 1.65 on Nitto Drag Radials which ain't much better than normal radials anyway. Now, with a lighter car and coilovers I didn't hit better than 1.79.

Phil

Hmm, I've cut a 1.624 with street tires and a non-lsd 3-bolt rear end. I too would expect to see better 60' #s with DR's. I run a 67mm turbo too, so your big turbo theory goes out the window.

No offence but that is not considered a big turbo anymore!:shhh:

There are always going to be inaccuracies with track timing sensors. Just like when Jake H (topstreet) ran a 1.1 60' http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dra...-1-132-60-you-have-got-see.html#post151006853

Though the car next to him really did run a 1.4 60', it was contested that there was either debris at the timing light, or the exhaust vibration/dust blown up from the Pinto caused the lights to not work properly.

I saw that slip, and agreed with Jake that it was legit, but when we looked back at the vids, it looked like the tree had delayed on the "GO".

I only wish I could pull a 1.2 60'. In my 9 second car. On slicks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back