The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Wiring relay for launching in 2nd gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From what i understand you dont want your lines to cross like your map. Think of it like a VE map with smooth transitions
Thanks guys. Car shifts like it should now. Just need to play with the map a little because I'm redlining at 8k before the shift points. I'll also increase my redline to about 8500 after I change the break in oil. Inching closer.

Thanks guys. Car shifts like it should now. Just need to play with the map a little because I'm redlining at 8k before the shift points. I'll also increase my redline to about 8500 after I change the break in oil. Inching closer.
Glad my map helped.. i forgot I had upped my rpms.. thats an easy fix though. Just adjust them lower and youre good to go

Will do. I can increase the rpms to 8500 later on.
I wish the map would go by rpm instead of mph. If that 10mph is too much or too little at WOT adjust accordingly. Just dont ever have your lines crossing.

If you can see what MPH youre in at say 7500 you should be able to set it there

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my maps as of now. Now I noticed that the car is staying in economy mode at wot and not going into sport mode. I'm sure it's something simple so hopefully I'll figure it out soon. I'll post all the tabs once I work out all the kinks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's a pic of my maps as of now. Now I noticed that the car is staying in economy mode at wot and not going into sport mode. I'm sure it's something simple so hopefully I'll figure it out soon. I'll post all the tabs once I work out all the kinks.

Sport and economy modes require a trigger to switch maps if thats what youre saying. It wont go to sport just with wot.

Sport and economy modes require a trigger to switch maps if thats what youre saying. It wont go to sport just with wot.
You're talking about a trigger like the button on the console to switch from eco to sport? If so, I have to check with the shop to see if that's how they wired it. If they didn't, it wouldn't really matter though right? I can just update it with the sport map and should be just fine?

You're talking about a trigger like the button on the console to switch from eco to sport? If so, I have to check with the shop to see if that's how they wired it. If they didn't, it wouldn't really matter though right? I can just update it with the sport map and should be just fine?
Correct. I wired mine to my switch to have dual maps. If they didnt do that for you just copy your sport map to your eco map and run in in sport all the time.

If youre using this in a drag application you would want to use different options for shifting like a ratchet or shift by rpm. The maps work well for driving around town and gettin on it a bit.

Do you know what this adaptive shifting is?

My rpms seem to rise faster at lower speeds now. I think it's because of the Hughes Torque Converter

Do you know what this adaptive shifting is?

I dont have it in front of me but it should allow you to set parameters that trigger sport mode. For example anything over 65% tps would put you in sport mode. If you can scren shot it i can help a bit more just nothing in front of me and going off memory.

Before i had this tcu i used link to trigger a solenoid that gave me full line pressure shifts abo e 80% tps.

I dont have it in front of me but it should allow you to set parameters that trigger sport mode. For example anything over 65% tps would put you in sport mode. If you can scren shot it i can help a bit more just nothing in front of me and going off memory.

Before i had this tcu i used link to trigger a solenoid that gave me full line pressure shifts abo e 80% tps.
Here's screenshot of tabs.

In advanced tab you have it set up to be in sport over 40% and eco below 30. Can you screen record your laptop on a run?

I can take my neighbor on a run with me. What do you want recorded?
Id have you keep it in eco and then take your tps to 50% to see if it kicks sport mode on. In your diagnostic tab the eco light should be on and then turn off when you hit over that 40% tps target.

I never use adaptive personally. I like mine on a switch to change maps. You can even set a sport mode that drives and shifts at 6500 to 7k then trigger the map for 8500 shifting.

I think I got it. Just need to test now. It takes a while for the adaptive to go from eco to sport. If I 2 step it'll be in sport mode by time I launch and should hit the sport mph b4 shifting. I'll try to test after work tomorrow. I feel like I'm playing a game of chess with the car 😂

I think I got it. Just need to test now. It takes a while for the adaptive to go from eco to sport. If I 2 step it'll be in sport mode by time I launch and should hit the sport mph b4 shifting. I'll try to test after work tomorrow. I feel like I'm playing a game of chess with the car 😂
If your going to launch it keep it in sport mode. Should wire your switch if you havent already.

I installed a ratchet shifter with mine so i can manual shift when i want.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back