The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Launching from 2nd?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zexell

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 8, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I have a 14b and for some reason, my first gear tends to be slow. If I brake torque, the rpms is around 2900 at launch, and stays there for 2-3 seconds after launch and then my turbo starts to spool @ around 3500. But in every other gear, it spools at around 3200.

Is there an alternative method to launching so I can completely skip 1st? Launching from 2nd???

Launching from 1st and shifting to 2nd right away? And if I do launch from 2nd, should i leave the OD on?

im interested in knowing this also as im going to be installing a 14b on my AT 96 gsx.

i have installed the translab shift kit also.

if you launch from second you will be even slower, its a higher gear meaning even more power is needed to get up to speed (like if you started in 4th) if your turbo is spooling around 3500 rpm and u want power in 1st you need a hi stall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back