The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wire tuck & fuse box relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaz5spd

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
Just finished up wire tucking and relocating fuse box.

Just waiting in new headlights

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338090217419.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338090217419.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 6,644
Looks really clean! But it could definitely benefit from some new white paint and a different color scheme. Just a thought.

wow thats good, where did you put everything?

Still organizing harness in vehicle but the fuse box is in the glove box. Ran all o2 pigtail through passenger fender, along with starter signal, and temp sensor.

And the color scheme is white and blue. The header is just wrapped yellow for now to be different. :D

I say pull the motor, cleaner her up with your color choice, clean and repaint the engine bay, and then do a clean turbo install :)

I say pull the motor, cleaner her up with your color choice, clean and repaint the engine bay, and then do a clean turbo install :)

Thats the target for next season. This going to be first season driving her after 1+ year of bullshyt. The valve cover is getting repainted when I upgrade to the 2.4 rocker and lifters.

This is awesome!!! Ive been trying to do this on mine forever.... Can you please take more pics of everything and post them.

Yea sure boss.

All it took was $6 soldering pen and solder from autozone.

Still organizing wires interior. Just need to bundle, tape, and tie and install carpet again!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338137509093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338137509093.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 892
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338137527775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338137527775.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,498
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338137552201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338137552201.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 767
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338137574756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338137574756.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 637
It takes a bit to do but well worth the empty bay.

:Lift fuse box
: mark wires that run in from driver fender
: cut wires and feed through grommet into car.

NOTE: there are 2 wires you will have to solder to headlight harness and run into vehicle. They aren't long enough.

For harness:

:Unbolt tie downs along fire wall
:Unplug all connections
: passenger side of vehicle behind alternator has a grommet- cut off
: feed entire harness through opening
: run o2 & coolant harness through passenger fender

NOTE: Remove all stock conduit, twist wires and retape and conduit...reduces size dramatically and easier to run:thumbup:

Why take it to PM's? If you have your questions answered publicly, everyone can benefit from the information.

It takes a bit to do but well worth the empty bay.

:Lift fuse box
: mark wires that run in from driver fender
: cut wires and feed through grommet into car.

NOTE: there are 2 wires you will have to solder to headlight harness and run into vehicle. They aren't long enough.

For harness:

:Unbolt tie downs along fire wall
:Unplug all connections
: passenger side of vehicle behind alternator has a grommet- cut off
: feed entire harness through opening
: run o2 & coolant harness through passenger fender

NOTE: Remove all stock conduit, twist wires and retape and conduit...reduces size dramatically and easier to run:thumbup:

This is most of out in a nutshell

Okay I never thought of that. I sort want it in detail so I know how to actually do it right. Need to know how to get all the wires running where they should be so you cant see any, what kind of wire you used to extend them, what wires you had to extend where you put the fuse box and the ecu. I need to know just all the general things. Oh and how you did all the wires under the dash if you had to remove the dash or not.

Honestly all my wire I needed came from deleting wiring for condensor fan. Everything else was much long enough. Only wires needing additional wire was red wiring for headlight harness, green wiring for side marker/ turn signal, and the brake res harness wiper motor harness.

I'm still tidying up wires on inside

Sweet I will be trying this soon when I can afford the down time

:thumbup: def fun weekend project... Not to bad. If you have any questions just post. Have this on instant notification on my phone so I'll answer asap

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back