1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Wideband WOT Connection

Posted by Dusty Landrum, Jan 26, 2021

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Dusty Landrum

Dusty Landrum Supporting VIP

Joined Jul 15, 2019
    San Francisco, California
    So I have been searching on here before I asked and I cant seem to find anything before asking. I am using an autometer cobalt wideband a/f gauge and I have now installed my dsmlink ecu and want to start logging everything and using the gauges to their full potential. My issue and question however is that the gauge has a connection for a WOT for peak recall/warning and I am not sure how this connects to the vehicle. Using the instructions, I see that the Brown wire should give a ground when WOT happens, and I was wondering if this is the condition that happens using pin 84 (TPS) on the ECU....? Otherwise I do not see a switch usable on the GSX. Thank you for the help.

upload_2021-1-26_0-7-49.png

Street Build 951  4

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. TK's9d2TSi

TK's9d2TSi Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I don't see other source you can use for that input. Call Autometer and talk to someone there.

621  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

680  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 4K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.2 @ 120 · 1G DSM
    DSMPT likes this.
  3. Vegas Smith

Vegas Smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    If you have ecmlink then you can use the fuel pressure solenoid to act as a ground switch for that function. If not, you'd have to wire up some type of mechanical throttle switch as none exists for our cars. I'm sure some clever dsmer has done something in the past if you search.

Street Build 5K  4

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    DSMPT and TK's9d2TSi like this.
  4. DSMPT

DSMPT DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    The brown wire is not necessary for ECMLink. The blue and blue/black wires are the ones that you need to connect to ECU. Don't connect the brown wire to ECU Pin #84, that's not where to connect, you may damage something. DSM don't have a WOT switch from factory, not like Nissan cars. So to make the brown wire automatically grounded at WOT, you need to physically add an external WOT switch or use the EGR/fuel pressure solenoid activation feature in ECMLink, like @Vegas Smith mentioned above.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021

Drag Race Build 3K  7

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
    TK's9d2TSi likes this.
  5. Dusty Landrum

Dusty Landrum Supporting VIP

Joined Jul 15, 2019
    San Francisco, California
    Thank you so much for responding and the good info. I will just leave the connection off and just do everything through dsmlink. Just thought it would be awesome to have everything functioning on the gauge but it’s no big deal if it does not work. Thank you everyone for the responses. I absolutely love the community here and everyone’s knowledge.

Street Build 951  4

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM