The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 0014 TPS connection malfunction

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierCed_3

Probationary Member
Dec 7, 2007
Brigham, Utah
Good afternoon!

I have been troubleshooting an issue for a few days and could use a little help. I'm getting the error (in ECMLink) 0014 TPS Connection Malfunction, I've replaced the TPS, voltmetered the wires, changed to another ECU, then I swapped ECU's with a buddy who we verified had a good TPS connection... his ECU read my TPS and we could log data with it. I thought this might be a bad sensor ground issue in the ECU. I tested from the positive terminal in the TPS harness to the negative terminal in the TPS harness and I get 4.97 Volts. I figured this would rule out the bad sensor.

If this was a bad sensor ground in the ECU wouldn't more sensors be affected? This is the only code in the DTC section of ECMLink. Could I have messed up a resistor in the ECU? Has anyone else had this issue? I presume this was from the bad O2 sensor it had in it when I bought the car. I have since replaced the sensor and rectified the grounding issue. I just need to know how to fix my ECU so it will read the TPS.

TIA!

I guess I'll be a little more specific, it the sensor ground goes out.. doesn't it take out more than just one sensor?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back