The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Palm to laptop connection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstclipse69

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2006
Columbia, South_Carolina
Alright guys, I've noticed a reduction in gas mileage in the 1gen lately and I need to get a logger to see whats going on. I think the route Im going to go is get this cable here that comes with the software: DSM Data Logger Cable 1g Mitsubishi Eclipse Datalogger 4g63 Aldl Plug | eBay

Then I either need a palm or some sort of cable to adapt to my laptop. I have no db9 connection. I keep reading about needing a driver to directly make that cable work with my laptop. I was thinking about just picking up a palm for cheap that comes with a db9 connector that I can plug into that dsmcable. But I still have to be able to connect the palm to my laptop so I can put the mmcd software on it. Can I get a connector like this to connect the palm to the laptop?? :USB to RS232 Serial 9 Pin DB9 High Speed Cable Adapter | eBay

Or am I still going to need a driver thing for it as well?

What would be my best route for trying to get the db9 to connect to a usb for my laptop?

Ok, I think I found a dbl serial to usb adapter that doesnt need any drivers or such: Cables & Adapters Bottom of page in the middle

Anyone tried it before?

Ok, I picked up that 1g data logger cable and I got this tripp serial to usb adapter that supposedly doesnt need any driver or anything: Cables & Adapters

Then I tried to download the tmo datalogger here: Tools for your 1G Talon, Eclipse and Laser! -- Download dataloggers here!

I got the winrar and extracted the files like it said, but my OS is windows 7 64 bit. When I try to open it, it says the program is in 32 bit and wont work the way it is. Does anyone know how I can go about getting the tmo datalogger on my pc?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back