The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Which gauge do I believe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanky2324

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2007
El Sobrante, California
Alright I have been noticing that my stock boost gauge in my gsx starts creeping up. Not slowly but at a moderate speed. I also have an aftermarket boost gauge that stays where my boost is set(11 psi). So I don't know which one to believe because I don't wanna push my car and come to find out I had boost creep or if that stock gauge is faulty. What do you think?

Agreed^^
If your still on stock fuel and you have boost creep you'll most likely have fuel cut...
But definitely don't trust your stock boost gauge.. Plus if you still have the stock turbo "t-25" I havent heard of it creeping..
www.vfaq.com build a cheap boost leak tester trust me your going to need it.

Thank you. That has been bugging me and I haven't had the time to post anything because I've been so busy working. Alternator went out and door actuators ceased up:cry: Fixed now. Now it's time for brakes and boost leaks:thumb:

neither one is 100% accurate...the only true reading is to be had from a GM MAP sensor through a logger..but if you have to choose go with the aftermarket one..the stock guage is junk

Ahh, kind of missleading by the name.WTF
Indeed, "boost cut" would have been more appropriate. The purpose of "fuel cut" is to guard against defective wastegate/BCS, it does this by cutting fuel when the pre-programed amount of airflow is surpassed, hence the term "fuel cut", also the reason why boost leaks is the number one cause of "fuel cut" although you're running pig rich.

OP, your stock boost gauge does not measure real pressure, it guesstimates boost level using several sensor readings, mainly the MAF sensor. Boost leaks can inflate the MAF reading because you're losing metered air, the reason your mechanical boost gauge is holding steady is because your turbo is working harder (spinning faster) to overcome the leaks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back