The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

What lb/min are you flowing on pump & bigger turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWEET...Can't wait till mine gets here :D

And to Jetta at only 20psi and the stock cams and IM I think your doing pretty good. :thumb:

X2. :thumb:

It's meaningless. My car 'only' flows 46-47lb/min at 21.X psi (correctly callibrated,) but it consistently makes 80-100mph dashes in the mid 1.6x sec range. Most of these numbers are inflated especially since most have no dyno numbers or other supplementary data to back them up. Let's see some 60-90, 70-90, 80-100mph dash times? :rocks: ;)

X2. :thumb:

It's meaningless. My car 'only' flows 46-47lb/min at 21.X psi (correctly callibrated,) but it consistently makes 80-100mph dashes in the mid 1.6x sec range. Most of these numbers are inflated especially since most have no dyno numbers or other supplementary data to back them up. Let's see some 60-90, 70-90, 80-100mph dash times? :rocks: ;)

Say you have a 2G, with a stock 2G mas. Zero boost leaks... how would the number be inflated?

What he's getting at is that Airflow is an indicator of "HP Potential" not "Horsepower Delivered".
Run a super rich AFR, low timing, restrictive turbine/manifold and inefficient turbo/FMIC, your High Airflow numbers may not equate to much HP/acceleration.

On the flip side, one with much less airflow and a better tune/setup would very likely have greater delivered HP/acceleration.

So less can be more in this instance ;) :dsm:

Let's see some 60-90, 70-90, 80-100mph dash times? :rocks: ;)

I've seen a best of 1.63 sec. 70-90 on pump, 2 liter, 6 bolt w/2G pistons, stock intake, HKS 272s, S256 w/BEP housing @ 25psi. Airflow peaked at 50.6 lb/min. Should have timeslips this weekend if it doesn't rain.

As was already Stated the Type of MAS Adapter you use may throw off your airflow readings.

Mass adapter/filter, the postiion of the screw in the bottom of the MAF, etc.
I'm with Mike on this one too. Anything with a MAF-T is thrown out the window unless is been calibrated for boost and boost est to match up in DSmlink.

I'm kinda handicapped for the sprint times by the looonnnng fwd gears which are even more lengthened by my 26.1" et drags. At least I have dyno proof though :D Although, i don't think that was directed at me. :D

Nah...wasn't directed at you Nathan with your traction-less wonder. LOL :thumb:

What he's getting at is that Airflow is an indicator of "HP Potential" not "Horsepower Delivered".
Run a super rich AFR, low timing, restrictive turbine/manifold and inefficient turbo/FMIC, your High Airflow numbers may not equate to much HP/acceleration.

On the flip side, one with much less airflow and a better tune/setup would very likely have greater delivered HP/acceleration.

So less can be more in this instance ;) :dsm:

This is exactly what I was talking about. There is "potential" and then there's the actual power that you are making. :rocks:

As was already Stated the Type of MAS Adapter you use may throw off your airflow readings.

Yha, that was stated by me... there is a problem with the 3" adaper. I was assuming a person to be running a proper adapter when I asked the question. IMO the K&N is the best filter adapter for the 2G but I assume a 4" works fine in regards to airflow metering.

I've seen a best of 1.63 sec. 70-90 on pump, 2 liter, 6 bolt w/2G pistons, stock intake, HKS 272s, S256 w/BEP housing @ 25psi. Airflow peaked at 50.6 lb/min. Should have timeslips this weekend if it doesn't rain.

Good numbers on a 2.0L.

I don't know what my current 70-90mph times are since I'm not fully spooled at 70mph on a 3rd gear roll. OMG WTF ROFL

Why do you still have the stock intake? I mean, it's not that bad (time in my avatar was run on stock head/stock intake w/272's) but the car became a different animal on the top end after putting Jim's smim on there. :rocks:

Why do you still have the stock intake? I mean, it's not that bad (time in my avatar was run on stock head/stock intake w/272's) but the car became a different animal on the top end after putting Jim's smim on there. :rocks:

It's a street car. No cage, no plans for one. I've got enough headaches helping out friends with "race" DSMs, I'd rather keep mine simple. Plus with a stock head and HKS 272s, I'm not gonna make much power over 7500 regardless. Once I get some race gas numbers out of it, I might consider borrowing one of Jim's new Street plenum SMIMs to see if it does anything though.

Updating: 17psi 36-37 lbs/min 2.75 70-90. To bad my battery just died and I had no backup of dsmlink settings. FocKK!!! Should have more updates with some new parts coming in the next couple of months.

MHI Evo III 16g
39lb/min @ 23psi
93octane
stock head/block
FMIC
Untuned LOL

Car is also equiped with DSMLink but it's still untuned (doing other stuff to it as well)

MHI Evo III 16g
39lb/min @ 23psi
93octane
stock head/block
FMIC
Untuned LOL

Car is also equiped with DSMLink but it's still untuned (doing other stuff to it as well)

Have you calibrated your maft?

52 lbs/min on an uncalibrated maft in blow thru (booo!)
Rs60T (that took a crap shortly after: t3 stage 3 turbine, BEP turbine housing, 60-1 compressor, e compressor cover)
FP2X cams
8500 rpms
stock intake manifold
water/alky injection
21" X 9" X 2.5" bar and plate FMIC

project_tsi said:
Turbonetics GT-K 550
63 lbs/ min 30psi
2.3L.
Pump 93 and Meth
YUMMY! :thumb:

Well, it's not possible to flow 39 lbs/min on a stock longblock at 23 psi w/a tdo5h, 7 cm^2 turbine.

Unless you have a boost leak. . .;)

you talking to me? i took the gm maft off today and installed my new intercooler piping with a 2g mass.

im not only flowing 38lbs but the car is actually tuned at 21psi now...

you talking to me? i took the gm maft off today and installed my new intercooler piping with a 2g mass.

im not only flowing 38lbs but the car is actually tuned at 21psi now...

Are you running a tdo6h or clipped tdo5h? or not?

Are you running stock cams? Even a 100% VE at 6500 rpms where many agree stock cams peter out at, you're looking at displacing 1 litre per rpm. w/ 21 psi and 6500 litres displaced in 1 minute you're looking at maybe 37 lbs/min (where underhood temps are 70 degress and you're at sealevel). So yea 38 lbs/min is more reasonable but still hard to believe. Great results for a 20g at that psi and w/ stock head/block? :thumb:

well i think my stock 1g bov is leaking and that you were right. my afr's just all of a sudden peg rich (in the 10's) and you are probably right that im not actually flowing that much air. BUT with my old gm maft set up i KNOW my bov wasnt leaking at thoes psi levels and i was flowing 42lbs. now the MAFT wasnt properly calibrated and this might be the problem. im also running fp2 cams not stock as you thought...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back