The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

What lb/min are you flowing on pump & bigger turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seems like there's some uncalibrated MAFT's in this thread or some nice sized boost leaks as some posts don't seem possible. I think this thread would be much more useful if people also posted their 70-90 times. It's strange how I can flow 4 lb/min or so less then some of the posts & still pull off 70-90 times, several tenths faster & I defently don't have a perfect tune.

My current, still working on the tune

FP1X Cams
21 psi
37 or so lb/min
2.3-2.4 sec 70-90

According to DSMLink, my airflow may be abit on the low side to what I'm actually flowing.

i would assume your not flowing the air because its not in the turbos power range???

Not sure if this is directed to me? If so, why would I not be in the turbos power range? Do you mean by boost level or? This turbo actually works very well, more so then I expected at low boost levels. When I first installed the turbo & running 12 psi till I checked everything over I was seeing abit over 28 lb/min, which IMO is pretty good for a stock 2g head.

37 lb/min isn't the max I've seen, thats the average for third gear pulls. With cooler inlet temps & if I look at different gears I've seen 38-39 lb/min. According to DSMLink my airflow datalogged may be slightly less then what I'm actually flowing (MAF slightly low). Also my 1X cams are designed to make a tonn of power in the 4000-6000 range, so my airflow up top levels off compared to someone running cams that are higher rpm based such as 272's. So my peak values don't look that great but do very well in the mid range, which people don't usually compare. I have noticed that these cams really do produce great power in the mid range, comparable/equal to guys with similar setup's with larger cams & them running a good amount more boost (~25 psi vs my 21 psi).

Last year flowing 44lbs/min my 70-90 times where faster then this year flowing 48-50lbs/min

Shift RPM and boost recovery are now killing my 70-90 :mad:

Our 3rd gear is pretty much perfect for a 70-90 run isnt it? 70-90 is about 5200 rpm to about 6800 for us 2g AWDs which is just about perfect I'd think (unless you're not spooling by ~5000 rpm)

Our 3rd gear is pretty much perfect for a 70-90 run isnt it? 70-90 is about 5200 rpm to about 6800 for us 2g AWDs which is just about perfect I'd think (unless you're not spooling by ~5000 rpm)

70mph now falls right in between my 2-3 shift (shifting 2nd at 7700) so the first part of the calculated time is spent spooling the turbo.

70mph now falls right in between my 2-3 shift (shifting 2nd at 7700) so the first part of the calculated time is spent spooling the turbo.

That makes sense, but couldn't you just do a full 3rd gear pull from 2000 to your shift point and use that 70-90 time? Maybe I'm missing something.

My old 50 trim was making more power/torque in the 5000rpm area so that hurts it there too.

80-100 the new setup would be much faster :thumb:

80-100 is better for big end set ups, since my car makes peak power at 7-7400 rpm. Its even worse for fwd cars with our looonnngggg gears.

Have you calibrated your maft?

52 lbs/min on an uncalibrated maft in blow thru (booo!)
Rs60T (that took a crap shortly after: t3 stage 3 turbine, BEP turbine housing, 60-1 compressor, e compressor cover)
FP2X cams
8500 rpms
stock intake manifold
water/alky injection
21" X 9" X 2.5" bar and plate FMIC

YUMMY! :thumb:

Nope, nore do I really know how LOL. I just installed DSMLink, set the dead time etc. and went with it. I am no where near the car right now since it is a few states away. But with any luck in about a month I will be back home and could do it....if I knew what formula or what not to use.

I just zeroed the MAFT out and set it as a 1g maf in DSMLink

Duno if it matters THAT much but I am around 1400' above sea lvl btw.

Nope, nore do I really know how LOL. I just installed DSMLink, set the dead time etc. and went with it. I am no where near the car right now since it is a few states away. But with any luck in about a month I will be back home and could do it....if I knew what formula or what not to use.

I just zeroed the MAFT out and set it as a 1g maf in DSMLink

Duno if it matters THAT much but I am around 1400' above sea lvl btw.

MAFt calibration by logged boost

MAFt calibration by WBO2

A gm 3 bar map sensor is cheaper than a wbo2 sensor setup. Calibrating via boost w/ a gm 3 bar map sensor yields more accurate resuls reported by many dsmlink guys. But either will get you w/in 1 lb/min in my opinion.

On my "big" 14b I logged about 30 lbs/min with DSMLink and 15 psi on a 2g mas.

Ok here's a question then, What does LTFT stand for? And why can't I find any value under. Display/Values to log it?

LTFT stands for long term fuel trim, more then likely you don't see it in the display values list because you haven't turned it on to be in the logged data stream. Under the ECU menu there will be an item called captured values. Its in here that you select what values to be streamed from the ecu to log. Turn on your fuel trims here & then when you go to the display values menu, it will be on the list to add.

So has anyone surpassed my staright pump gas numbers yet? It seems my shell purchase will fall through, so I just may be throwing some more goodies at the hot rod. I'm thinking I can probably get it to ~60lb/min @ 23 psi with normal temps with the parts combo I want. should be interesting.

Just adding:

47 lb/min @ 24.5 psi (via dsmlink GM 3bar) falling to 21.8 psi by 8k on 93 pump. My average airflow is usually 44-45 lb/min (boostleaks? temperature?)
50 trim, 2.0L 8.3:1 comp, best 1.95 70-90 time

My update would be 42 lb/min at 24psi on pump w/meth. See this flow by 6400-6500 rpms, where my airflow flatlines. That's on the crappy 2g intake mani, soon to be replaced with evoIII intake mani, which should help the top end flow numbers.

Seeing an honest* 47lb-min on 25-26psi on my GT35R + pump and windex-injection :D

*My earlier 50-trim 49-50lb-min airflow readings were likely skewed upwards a few lb-min as my air intake pipe protruded a bit into the coupler that connected it to my MAS which (I believe) focused more air thru the central metering area thereby inflating the reading.

Here is an update for me since the recent mods (Ported O2 sensor housing & Exhaust Manifold, DSMLink, 3" catback & Meth Injection). Keep in mind this is an untuned, EVO III 16g @ 21psi, AFR of 10:1 on the stock SMIC.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is an update for me since the recent mods (Ported O2 sensor housing & Exhaust Manifold, DSMLink, 3" catback & Meth Injection). Keep in mind this is an untuned, EVO III 16g @ 21psi, AFR of 10:1 on the stock SMIC.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thats some nice airflow you are getting with the stock SMIC! It looks like you are seeing 36.9 lbs/min. The meth injection option is looking pretty tempting to me, since I am one of the few DSMer's still using the stock intercooler.:sneaky:

^^^ Is that a 30.9 or a 36.9?

It's 36.9lbs/min. I couldn't get the darn picture to conform to the site requirements and retain the clairity. I guess I should have used a thumbnail.

Strm Trpr said:
If you have DSMLink, post a log...

It's posted up on the DSMLink forums if you want to take a look. Here is the link to the thread.

Nice. If I may ask, what are you running for peak timing? Also, what do you have your a/f's tuned at for the pump gas?

Congrats!

15* peak timing [brutal, it plateau'd at 6k], a little knock on top of 3rd; my aem uego says I was running 11.6 afr :boring: but I think it's incorrect; projected a/f was at 10.8 across the rpm range.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back