The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What lb/min are you flowing on pump & bigger turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think my numbers are inflated by a boost leak.. I just haven't gotten around to making a 3" boost leak tester just yet. =P

53.9lbs/min::: 22.5psi:::93 octane:::: 21degrees of timing....on a t72 :rocks: :talon: :rocks:

53.9lbs/min::: 22.5psi:::93 octane:::: 21degrees of timing....on a t72 :rocks: :talon: :rocks:

Which turbine wheel and housing are you running. Nice airflow #'s, I think I'm seeing around the same on my t70 being that my 880s are at 90%.

q wheel...its actually similar to your t70 just a tad bit bigger inducer and exducer.

47lbs/min @ 21psi. GT3561 w/ Cams on pump gas and stock long block.:shhh:

57lbs/min PTE 6076BB, 25psi, 93 octane, Comp 101200 cams, stock 2g throttle body, hand built smim, and mods in profile.

39lb/min on a 7 degree day at 27 psi (or so..don t know how accurate my autometer boost gauge is) evo 3 16g
40.1 lb/min at 18 creeping to 20 psi SCM 60-1 w/ stage 5 turbine wheel (e cover)

Should i be seeing more airflow than that at 20 psi on this turbo? Stock mas, cams, head, cams, intake mani and tb.

I think I posted earlier in this thread but I have new setup now so I have new numbers...
SC61, S Cover, T3 .82 hotside, 2.0 6 bolt, Magnus and BC 280's
22psi, 52.7 lbs/min near 8500rpms on pump 93oct.
More to come soon con meth!

Attachments

• run02182007-7.dat
    23.3 KB · Views: 58
BTW: anyone using this style of 3" mas adapter?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Through some personal research between me and a friend we found that it inflates airflow... The reason? The stock MAS meaters air in the center and un meatered air passes by on the sides... this MAS adapter directs all air directly through the metered section...
I had this 3" style adapter on my car with a 50 trim and was loging 50+ lbs/min at 20 psi on a 50 trim, LOL. I switched to a K&N FIPK and the airflow droped to 42-44 lbs/min!

Here is a snapshot of my DSMlink log from this past Oct at Englishtown. 27psi on a PTE GT3255E internally gated, 93 octane, 50/50 H2O/Meth injection, Calibrated 3"GM mas, FP2 cams, Ported head and 1mm oversized valves. AEMWB reads 11.6:1 to 12.0:1 most of the run due to a voltage varience in the 1g ecu. Actual WB A/F readings were in the mid to low 10's the whole run. As you can see I have maxed out my 750cc injectors or the walbro 255 in the tank. I have a set of 950's for the '07 season and might be adding a Bosh pump as well.

55-57lb/min @ 60 deg inatke temps. Hacked 2g mas on default DSMlink table. Boost and boost est withing 2% for accuarcy's sake. 23-24psi, pump gas. 500whp w 11deg timing.

Here is a snapshot of my DSMlink log from this past Oct at Englishtown. 27psi on a PTE GT3255E internally gated, 93 octane, 50/50 H2O/Meth injection, Calibrated 3"GM mas, FP2 cams, Ported head and 1mm oversized valves. AEMWB reads 11.6:1 to 12.0:1 most of the run due to a voltage varience in the 1g ecu. Actual WB A/F readings were in the mid to low 10's the whole run. As you can see I have maxed out my 750cc injectors or the walbro 255 in the tank. I have a set of 950's for the '07 season and might be adding a Bosh pump as well.

Why would you tune so rich with meth injection? You don't need bigger injectors, you need a better tune.

TJ, Im sure you have read in many posts here on tuners, that every car is different when it comes to what timing and A/F is best. I have tried leaning out the fuel and as soon as I get close to 11:1 the car starts knocking more than I would like to see.. My car likes a 10.5:1 A/F and I have to live with it for now. My car also likes lower peak timing, I tried upping the timing to 16* above 6000rpm and the knock returns. Im not complaining, in the log posted above I trapped 112mph, not to bad for a 3450lb AWD automatic.

TJ, Im sure you have read in many posts here on tuners, that every car is different when it comes to what timing and A/F is best. I have tried leaning out the fuel and as soon as I get close to 11:1 the car starts knocking more than I would like to see.. My car likes a 10.5:1 A/F and I have to live with it for now. My car also likes lower peak timing, I tried upping the timing to 16* above 6000rpm and the knock returns. Im not complaining, in the log posted above I trapped 112mph, not to bad for a 3450lb AWD automatic.

Of course every car is different but 10.5 is super rich. But if you are happy with it then :thumb:

When my car was an automatic I had the same issue. I had to run very rich to make a happy timing curve. With no other changes, other than a 5 speed swap, the car became pig rich. I had to lean it out to make the power it previously had with the auto. The auto just loads the engine differently I suppose.

Very true Zex,

I have learned that almost all the tuning advice in the forums for 5 speeds doesn't apply directly to Automatics. The autos have a slightly different power band and very different gearing. Add that to the load on the motor all the time the car is in "drive" and tuning takes on a whole new demension. However, it has helped me learn evem more about driving and tuning.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back