The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What gasket setup for my Hx35?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradikus7

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Alright so I have the Hx35 with my DSM flanged BEP housing. This will be mated with a Punishment Racing o2 housing and FP race exhaust manifold. I am wondering what gaskets to use for both the o2 housing and turbo to manifold.

I was thinking about this setup, will it work for me? Check out "power pak 3".

FFWD Connection - Race Injuns That Will Freeze Your Brain

Also that same site sells the turbo to manifold bolts for the FP manifold. You know, the two long and two stubby ones needed. I was going to pick up o2 housing bolts. Should I get the 3 bolts and 1 stud kit or the 4 bolts kit? I'll include a link.
FFWD Connection - Race Injuns That Will Freeze Your Brain

I appreciate your help in advance. I feel very newbish for asking these things but hence the newbie section:p.

Don't bump threads.

Bolts I would recommend are the OEM bolts with the dual conical washers PER bolt. You would use 2 regular turbo to manifold bolts and 2 Evo bolts or 2 o2 housing bolts for it to work with the FP manifold. The ARP bolts will break unless you use the OEM conical washers with them and that's 2 washers per bolt for a total of 8.

For the exhaust manifold gasket, just get an OEM MLS gasket which can be reused unlike the copper one, get the OEM MLS turbo to manifold gasket, and lastly a regular cheap SS o2 housing gasket will work.

The o2 housing gasket will need to be trimmed of the over hang when lined up with the turbine housing.

Forced Performance Turbochargers: Mitsubishi DSM Turbine Housing Inlet Gasket
Forced Performance Turbochargers: Mitsubishi DSM Turbine Housing Outlet Gaskets Or find the $5 one on ebay
Forced Performance Turbochargers: DSM Manifold to Head Gasket Or opt for the 4 layer that is found else where
Forced Performance Turbochargers: Assorted Bolts, Studs and Washers

I would also recommend this
Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP -4 AN Inline Filter

I just used the solid 7cm gasket for the turbine housing and an E16G O2 gasket for the O2 housing. For the manifold I had an used evo 8 gasket. I sprayed everything with copper spray and called it a day. Seals perfect!

The solid SS tube to manifold gaskets tend to warp and crack so I never recommend to use them at all. There is a thread somewhere on the issue.

I just used the solid 7cm gasket for the turbine housing and an E16G O2 gasket for the O2 housing. For the manifold I had an used evo 8 gasket. I sprayed everything with copper spray and called it a day. Seals perfect!

Thank you. Thats what I was looking for. So I will grab the 7cm gasket, E16g o2 gasket and some copper spray. I already have the MLS manifold gasket on order.

Well sorry for "bumping" my own thread, although looks to me like it worked :thumb:.

I appreciate the help so far. I'm pretty sure I'm good on the gaskets now but how about the bolts. Would the ARP set be ok if I just purchase 8 conical washers or should I just go with the 2 OEM bolts and 2 Evo stubby bolts? Either way I will have to buy them because I have neither.

I would just use OEM bolts instead of the ARPs but that's just me because mine broke in the housing after a month of use.

Alright so over on Extremepsi.com I have a cart that I'm adding parts to at the moment. So far I have 2 OEM Turbo to manifold bolts, 2 EvoIII & EvoIV turbo to manifold bolts, 4 OEM Turbo to manifold washers, Evo16g o2 housing gasket, 7CM gasket.

Lastly they have two options for exhaust manifold gaskets. Should I go with the 2ply or opt for 4 ply? The 4ply is only like $3 more but I know more is not always better. Also do I need 4 o2 housing bolts or 3 + a stud?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back