1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G What’s this noise? (Video)

Posted by Brettmclayto, Jun 1, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Brettmclayto

Brettmclayto Proven Member

Joined Feb 27, 2018
    Granite city, Illinois
    I posted yesterday but I don’t see my original post anywhere anymore.

I have this noise in the front in upon hard acceleration. If I drive the car easy I have no issues.

Here is the video.

2. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    Your original post is here.
    https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/strange-noise.523271/

You can find it in the postings in your profile page or can search.
    It is very hard to distinguish which noise you are talking about since the video has many kind of noise in the same moment.
    According to your explanation, could be something related with bearings in transmission, axle, clutch, t-case, mounts or you are hearing knock/detonation as the other member mentioned in your original post. Anyway you would probably get more advises if you at least mention what car/mods you have.

Drag Race Build 969  2

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 1K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  3. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Drain and check transmission fluid. My trans sounded similar before I lost 3rd-4th and the center diff. Check if the fluid has metal flake

370  7

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
  4. Brettmclayto

Brettmclayto Proven Member

Joined Feb 27, 2018
    Granite city, Illinois
    Ok Iv listened to the video a couple times and the noise I’m talking about is at 42 seconds it’s only there for a second and it goes away.