The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Vrsf lower pipe hitting o2 dump tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type1DSMr

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2014
Jasper, Indiana
Ok so I was installing everything back together and my vrsf lower pipe can't connect to the j pipe because it hits the dump pipe from the stm o2 housing. My question is will an ets j pipe and some different couplers move the pipe off and away from the dump tube or what are my options? I read that installing or welding a flex pipe/ solid pipe to move the dump tube is an idea, to get the pipe off the intercooler pipe. However, I can't even install the pipe because the dump tube is long. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
hmm... I wouldn't want to cut the 02 dump either. What about just making an extension with another piece of pipe and a coupler? Then just go under the 02 dump and heat tape the pipe.
That's what I'm trying to figure out. If I move the coupler from the intercooler to the pipe out a little, I can get it to fit but only 1/2 clearance between them. Trying to push back the intercooler pipe but it hits the downpipe.:banghead:

Thinking something like this with a connector and another coupler.
Why would you put that pipe on the down pipe or O2 dump only to heat up the intake charge even more and make your intercooler work even harder thus defeating the purpose to which it was intended in the first place

Why would you put that pipe on the down pipe or O2 dump only to heat up the intake charge even more and make your intercooler work even harder thus defeating the purpose to which it was intended in the first place
Well when the pipes are connected it won't be hitting the downpipe. I was pushing it back to give an idea. Of course I know about the heat. I will also attach a flex pipe to the dump tube to make sure it flows in front of the pipe as well make sure it's lower.

Just clock the compressor housing a little to move the bottom of the J-pipe forward.

Update- I added longer couplers and a small piece of piece and was able to make it fit. Also added a flex tube to keep the heat from the dump tube off the intercooler pipe. Here's a mock up to how it will go and also it doesn't hit the downpipe about 1 inch or more of space in between.

I would have just called stm
The intercooler pipe would have not been their problem. However, I did call them when the holes didn't line up to be bolted to the turbo. They asked me if I had an eBay turbo... I laughed and said it was built by Justin from tuners so no. They respond by telling me to widen the holes my self after I sent them a pic of how far the bolts lined up. They also said that all of their flanges match stock oem housings. Either way I took it to my welder and he fixed me up for 8 dollars. Doing this also didn't void the warranty so I'm still happy with stm. Still one of my favorite vendors.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back