The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Vanna White

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lame, Chris is playing favorites. I’m offended. Deleting account.

Cool idea though.
LOL! Or, as my parents always said, I’m the “tester child” 😂

they will soon be available for everyone! 🥰

Seems like a great marketing play for Morrison Fab too (the QR code on things). Send a t-shirt with the QR code when someone buys a manifold, etc. I'd rock it every time I drove my DSM.

No “real” updates BUT I did finally make some decisions.
I finally decided which manifold I was going to go with and…
*drum roll*
The top mount is “the one” for my Vanna girl :)
Got it all cut and prepped, and just need to get it all welded up now (well- and time to do so, ha!).
Going to do the haltech wiring and install next winter- getting it broken in and figured out on ECMlink is what we are doin’ in 2023.
Just going to put the transmission from prototype on while we wait for an opening to get my dogbox looked over.
Got my turbo less ugly from sitting and being used as mock-up (yeah, I’m considering that progress, ok).
oh, and Matt and I decided to get pizza in a few weeks and spend the day doing things on my car which feels good- just talking about getting it running seems like massive progress (not sure whether to insert the laugh or cry emoji). All the big stuff is done which is nice and now it’s just the small stuff (which yeah adds up quick but you know you’re nearing the end when you get to this stage!).
It’s an absolute goal to have it at the shootout this year! (Hold me to it)

Made some progress recently :)
03F8B8C4-A21F-4FCD-93F9-AA0432B19F15.jpeg
AE1A37DF-AC2E-4419-A0FB-7BE7BA40425C.jpeg
5F74BD23-F2B4-4982-A181-B60D049A5EB3.jpeg
3BC76854-4080-43C0-8770-EF3B9338966B.jpeg

297831B0-72AF-4220-AD7F-8B0CEE59F7DC.jpeg

Most exciting thing is the manifold and hot parts are done!!
Otherwise got the old harness out and new in, gauges in, radiator support done, and other things I can’t remember (or aren’t really worth bringing up, ha). Working on getting the intercooler mounted and the radiator figured out.

Shootout is comin’ up quick and boy oh boy we are getting too old to scramble 😂

Won’t have any “complete” photos to share until after though- kinda want the “reveal” to be at the event! Not that people are like boy we can’t wait to see Annika’s car there but it’s my own excitement, LOL

Please say it’s happening!
I just had two major unexpected costs hit us at once, it's not looking good. But it means a lot that you guys were thinking of me though. Appreciate that.

And I just noticed this in your signature: "www.morrisonfabrications.com -free shipping to all DSMtuners proven members!" You guys f'n rock! Thank you. I really hope people are showing you guys some love for the works of art you keep creating for these old ass piles.

I just had two major unexpected costs hit us at once, it's not looking good. But it means a lot that you guys were thinking of me though. Appreciate that.

And I just noticed this in your signature: "www.morrisonfabrications.com -free shipping to all DSMtuners proven members!" You guys f'n rock! Thank you. I really hope people are showing you guys some love for the works of art you keep creating for these old ass piles.
Hope everything is ok!! crossing fingers for next year. Matt and I were talking about you recently, and i said that this forum and all the members who have taken their time to share their knowledge+experiences are the ONLY reason I ever had success with getting any of my cars running and doing cool things with them. Never ever would’ve done it without you creating this place. Then we talked about how it’d be the coolest ever to meet you in person :)

Been our signature since we became supporting vendors! We’ve actually had so many people from the forums buy from us and it’s the best ever to offer that to the people who’ve also supported the forum 🥰

It was super important to me to use the same intercooler I had on Prototype. Ron made it back in the day and I love it so so so much. The problem we were running into is that it’s also super important to me to use the LPS alphalocs (because come on, they’re super rad). Getting everything to fit with a full size radiator and the two fans has been a challenge.

BUT WE DID IT.
Had to do some choppy choppy to the radiator (so it’s now a 98.5% full size radiator 😂 but everything fits!

A32256A1-EF8F-4731-9620-CDF3B7C9B7EA.jpeg

E097BDE3-F10D-42DA-9ABA-1356402E01F9.jpeg

4D149DC8-4C61-470D-9631-945318DCDDF2.jpeg

8039CABD-26F9-419F-88DA-1185B890E35D.jpeg
BF28DABD-F81A-4745-82CD-C50D71AD0298.jpeg

A0D3BC0C-209E-43A2-B4F9-CECF9FFBE7F2.jpeg

Running into a bunch of little things that are driving me mad; mostly cosmetic stuff that was ok on prototype (if you know, you know: it was terribly ugly on the exterior so the interior matching was almost fitting) but (to me) unacceptable on this car. So lots of painting, lots of cleaning up. Also finding buttloads of things that need to be purchased (sigh). But it’s coming together nicely.

Some other stuff-
Heater core fitting added back in and radiator hose to clear the scatter shield (will be swapping this scatter shield with the black one I gotta get from storage):
11B1274A-E84F-490A-96BD-03C9116AB468.jpeg
DB3FB319-558C-4055-813F-3359CBCAEC10.jpeg

Photo privy only to forum members, here’s a photo of the manifold+turbo+now painted intercooler:
45CF1D18-E929-43BB-82C1-2AF645BBBF8E.jpeg

There are many incredible things about having the knowledge, skills, and equipment to do our own welding and fab work. The stressful part is how particular we’ve become with it all 😂
Same can be said for a super clean white car… ain’t nothin’ clean enough and I’m pretty sure Q-tips should sponsor me at this point.

I love it! How many others out there have cut into the aluminum radiator (that you can't get anymore) because they couldn't fit the interooler piping clamps?!?!?! 😄 Priorities!

This is one of my favorite 1Gs out there, but I'm probably a little biased. Sometimes I think I'm envious of what you guys have done, but I realize it isn't really envy, it's more joy and appreciation watching a 1G get built with this much passion and drive.

Thanks for sharing it here in the forum. Exclusive pics and info are more appreciated than you can imagine.

I keep trying to come up with a response that encompasses all the feelings your post left me with.

I can’t.

It’s been days and I just can’t.
Those incredibly kind words from someone I admire, look up to, and appreciate fiercely… idk. Ain’t nothin’ I’ve been trying to write good enough.
Thank you. It really means everything to me to hear that. And I hope someday we’ll get to high five you at the shootout and we can go for a little fun ride!!

I won’t pretend it’s been easy. It hasn’t been. It’s been so much work. So much stress. The feeling of being entirely overwhelmed is overwhelming on top of being overwhelmed to begin with. Whew. It’s been a tough balance of doing it right the first time and we-now-have-less-than-two-weeks-to-go.

But… yep. Priorities. Unwillingness to make sacrifices anywhere. No compromises.

Even if it takes at least sixteen times longer. Though…. we did have an entire year to do all the stuff but have waited two weeks before to get six months of stuff done 😂
Fiercely proud of this car. Head over heels madly in love with it. Grateful as heck for everything my husband has done to help me get it here, too. Couldn’t have done it alone (nor would I have wanted to), and am eternally grateful for him and his brilliant mind.

Updates from the past few days! And photos only shared here (that aren’t blacked out or blurred, ha!).

Radiator, fans, intercooler, valve cover, manifold, and trans are on and not comin’ off. Bumper is supported and on tight. Interior is back in. Turbo is planted and the full 4” exhaust is nearing completion.

Next is intercooler piping, intake manifold (painting first), and fuel stuff. Then the small things that make me antsy pantsy
It’s truthfully so close it feels painful

AD9B2209-D640-4852-93B0-C674B322DB72.jpeg
72E4D38F-75B6-4F2B-BFBB-45CF79779229.jpeg
2646C5BF-4670-495B-8CE3-4DFAEB36B74E.jpeg

9197B3C2-6AC6-4990-844D-B5C7FF2A61C3.jpeg
DA50D6D5-215F-47BA-AFAD-3E417FE3789C.jpeg
8B45629D-67AB-45D8-8077-0E8A55D14907.jpeg

Last edited:
Also- if there’s any group of people who could appreciate how rad this is, it’s you guys.
Got it two decades ago (sigh) for my first talon and have put it on all my favorites ever since :)
3E7DC925-C8E2-4C9F-A632-7A289EF2E88F.jpeg

Those incredibly kind words from someone I admire, look up to, and appreciate fiercely…
Come on now... if people like you didn't continue to build cool shit for these old ass cars, this community would be on its deathbed. Back in the day we had the bigger shops doing full builds on these cars, but those days are LONG gone. The reason these cars are still a thing (to some of us at least) is because of the passionate DSMer fabricators who have built their business around this platform - even if just partially. If that enthusiasm wasn't there, we'd be left with nothing but eBay crap like many of the other older platforms are stuck with.

All I do is keep a website online that some people view as being antiquated, much like the way these cars are seen. But some people's perception has become skewed by social media's corrosive illusion of community, FOMO, and obsessive need for attention and push notification alerts. Lucky for us, not everyone has been reprogrammed by FecesBook, and they see value in what we're doing here, especially people like you.

Builds like yours, and your sharing of the build here, is something many of us appreciate more than you know. While your posts on FB are a blip in some people's feeds, which disappear as other current events take over those feeds, your posts here live on for years, and inspire countless other DSMers to try and do something half as cool as what you've done with that 1G. One day when this community truly is dead, I'll look back and smile at what I was lucky enough to be a part of, and all of the journeys people shared here. I'll be grateful for the quality contributions that people like you chose to share with the community here. This build will be among my favorites.

Last edited:
Come on now... if people like you didn't continue to build cool shit for these old ass cars, this community would be on its deathbed. Back in the day we had the bigger shops doing full builds on these cars, but those days are LONG gone. The reason these cars are still a thing (to some of us at least) is because of the passionate DSMer fabricators who have built their business around this platform - even if just partially. If that enthusiasm wasn't there, we'd be left with nothing but eBay crap like many of the other older platforms are stuck with.

All I do is keep a website online that some people view as being antiquated, much like the way these cars are seen. But some people's perception has become skewed by social media's corrosive illusion of community, FOMO, and obsessive need for attention and push notification alerts. Lucky for us, not everyone has been reprogrammed by FecesBook and sees value in what we're doing here, especially people like you.

Builds like yours, and your sharing of the build here, is something many of us appreciate more than you know. While your posts on FB are a blip in some people's feeds, which disappear as other current events take over those feeds, your posts here live on for years, and inspire countless other DSMers to try and do something half as cool as what you've done with that 1G. One day when this community truly is dead, I'll look back and smile at what I was able to be a part of, and all of the journeys people shared here. I'll be grateful for the quality contributions that people like you chose to share with the community here. This build will be among my favorites.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I hate social media and just recently reluctantly signed up out of necessity. Wouldn't use it for anything tech related as it's a giant dumpster fire.

657FE0D0-37F8-4283-9852-7DCF50B427F1.jpeg
4A37A144-73D6-4ED7-B7EC-73E5DFCC9D4F.jpeg
4449754C-2EF9-49DA-9961-766989993B1F.jpeg
45E02357-2F6C-42B0-8EC3-F55FDB46B56E.jpeg

Operation save all bumpers is underway and going well!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back