The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G URGENT!!! My RPMs are high and I gain No acceleration losing speed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredRider

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2019
Clewiston, Florida
Hey everyone! I come again to seek help. I think this time might be my last attempt at trying to fix it. I’ll be driving down the road and it’ll rev high rpm’s sounding like I’m going fast but in reality losing speed. I have an automatic Eagle Talon Tsi 1997
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Here’s a video of me explaining what’s going on with it. Im also considering buying a Toyota GR86 2022.

If it's slipping one way and not the other I'd suspect the End Clutch in the transmission. It's a classic problem. It can be changed without dropping the trans if I remember correctly.
I was thinking of changing the transmission.

End clutch is just for OD and it's easy to get to in the car. The clutch pack is rebuildable if you need to. SMELL the transmission fluid. You can smell burned clutch packs. They stink. Look at the fluid, is it dark or see thru red? Have you replaced the filter ever?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back