The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Sexy Grandma 15 day build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you finally got this thing to the track and now have some numbers . From the one vid it sounds mighty impressive . You don't happen to have any track video's though do you?

Good to see you finally got this thing to the track and now have some numbers . From the one vid it sounds mighty impressive . You don't happen to have any track video's though do you?

We do as a matter of fact. Were going to be putting together a small video of the track day. Ill post it up as soon as were done with it. :thumb:

As some of you know, when driving my car I couldnt see shit... So I did some painting!! I think it turned out good!!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any pictures of the front bumper on the car??????

I couldnt find any pics, so here is a video of the car after the first track day.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJKV1wceZDg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJKV1wceZDg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ive had wet dreams bout this car and seen every vid on youtube of it! I LOVE IT!!! 2nd to John Shep.! ;)

I'm getting close to the point where I"m gonna be mounting my AEM EMS unit and doing the wiring and I want to make it as clean and easy as possible. Are you supposed to mount it on a piece of metal not to the frame like you did or was that cosmetic? I would think it would be to have it ground out to prevent surging but never really mounted a box like this I have messed with safc/link/Bolt on MSnS

I'm getting close to the point where I"m gonna be mounting my AEM EMS unit and doing the wiring and I want to make it as clean and easy as possible. Are you supposed to mount it on a piece of metal not to the frame like you did or was that cosmetic? I would think it would be to have it ground out to prevent surging but never really mounted a box like this I have messed with safc/link/Bolt on MSnS

There were some cosmetic things going on with the mounting of the AEM, but also for the grounding aspect of it as well. Not to mention my ice box leaks like crazy after a pass, so we needed to get it up off the floor so it wouldnt get wet and make it kill itself.

Is that a gen 2 AEM i see in the pic?

It is, yes. I needed one quick and couldnt wait for AEM to tell me there was nothing wrong with either of the 2 boxes I sent down. But whatever, I guess my car has a mind of its own :hmm:

Keep making me feel old Alex. Flying out friday to pick up the new ride. I'll stop by sometime after I pick it up.

By the way dash looks good.

awsome progression of this!
i as many do,
envy the ability you have concerning this build. :thumb:

Did you get to run at Spokane this weekend. I had to work so I missed it. :(

I did but nothing impressive at all. We had a small mishap while welding in the D-bars for the roll cage in the car. We welded to the driveshaft tunnel and didnt really think of removing the e-brake cables. Well, those got fused to the chassis and we had to cut the cables to get the car to move (This was Fri. morning we realized that and we left at about 3pm on Fri). So I had no E-Brake and wasnt able to preload the car for shit. (I will be ordering a staging brake this week) As soon as I put the car on the 2 step it crept forward and it rolled through the lights. It says I had like a second and a half red lite LOL. The time wasnt anything special either the slip says 11.7 I think just because of the red lite. I decided since I couldnt launch the car to pack it up and head home. So, one pass, you didnt miss anything special. I will be getting the chassis certified today so I cant get booted anymore so thats a plus :)

Yeah the track wasn't to sticky from what I heard, but it should be good in a couple weeks.

If you guys can try to make the Sport Compact events. First one is May 31st. There should be a nice amount of imports.

That is a cool dash. What material is it made from?

Thanks, we put it together here at the shop. Its just Alum. that we bent and cut.

Better get with it. I want to see a good race between you and Jeff Bush.ROFL

LOL, no, Jeffs car will be faster, you cant really run with the Auto boys. There really fast but Id rather drive my car. No offense to anyone who has an automatic tranny.

Sorry guys haven't kept up in a while so please can someone give me a quick run-down please i'll look back through but not soo much time right now.

Has the car made passes yet?

Also pics of the cage are on what page?

Did something happen to the motor?

Good luck gettin her to run properly.

Thanks

Pat

The car has made some passes, not super impressive. The head gasket that we have on the car did blow finally. It held up a lot longer then I thought it would. I got my new tranny and clutch from Shep. Head from FFWD and we will be putting it together next week. Then stuffing it in the car along with some bigger injectors 1000's to 1600's, re-tune and turn up the boost. When things start happening again Ill let everyone know and throw up some pics.

Thanks for the info on the dash. Quick question; since you work for a shop have you ever thought of going with the solid rear end like Shep.

To my knowledge, he runs a Ford 9in rear end, if thats the same or not, im not sure. But im not going to put the cart befor the horse. Ill start running the car where it should be and then Ill worry about things like a different rear end.

I"m sorry jeff I love your car but in the end 5spd = driving a car auto = steering a car. Now some auto's because of there power level like yours are harder to steer than cars that are 5spd that you have to drive but that still doesn't mean your driving.

Alum. Rods, Butcher Crank, 1400HD's, 1600cc injectors, More Boost. Still going to run the same FP5r/FP11 Combo for cams. That seems to be the best out there. The block was torque plated when the machine work was done and it has a r50 surface finish on it (I think that what its called as far as the smoothness goes). Custom built, one off head from FFWD. Shep stage 4 tranny with all the upgrades. I couldn't bring myself to spend double on a dogbox. Along with a new twin disc. I think that's it just off the top of my head. Should be alot more fun!!! :hellyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back