The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Sexy Grandma 15 day build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex, sorry I have not gotten back with you on that 4" CAI. Got layed off from work and just have been staying home conserving cash. Got a good prospect on work so hopefully the cash flow will change real soon. Get that car up and running. I am bored sitting here around the house and if I know when you are gonna put it on the rollers it might give me something to do.

I got the new AEM box this morning so it should be back on the dynhoe today

Well today was a good day for the car. We got it up and running strong again. And its finally making the power it should at this boost level. Put down 489.2whp on 26 psi. Really a big imporvment from the 428whp on 28psi. Needless to say we will be turning up the boost and see if she will make some power. Im excited to see what the car will do!!!

Alex you left early and missed all the excitement just to watch the Fever team loose horribly on the season opener.

Actually nothing exciting happened. Last run blew the coupling off the intercooler. There is always tomorrow and I will get off my lazy but and drive the talon down. Just give me a call when you get ready to fire it up. I am also charging the cam so maybe even a vid of it in action.

Well today was a good day for the car. We got it up and running strong again. And its finally making the power it should at this boost level. Put down 489.2whp on 26 psi. Really a big imporvment from the 428whp on 28psi. Needless to say we will be turning up the boost and see if she will make some power. Im excited to see what the car will do!!!

:hellyeah:

Alex you left early and missed all the excitement just to watch the Fever team loose horribly on the season opener.

Actually nothing exciting happened. Last run blew the coupling off the intercooler. There is always tomorrow and I will get off my lazy but and drive the talon down. Just give me a call when you get ready to fire it up. I am also charging the cam so maybe even a vid of it in action.

Ya, the game REALLY sucked. Me and the girlie left early. We were just way over it. I had a feeling the coupler was going to blow off, but we know why and how were going to fix the issue already. Ill give you a call and let you know. :thumb:

Awesome number man. How much boost are you guys looking to run?

On this motor only about 35-38ish. Its really the "starter motor" just so I can get back into the swing of things. I havent driven anything fast in 2 years and I dont want to jump into a car that I cant handle yet. That wouldnt do anyone or anything any good. On the new one were going to put together, around the 45+psi mark.

OK, so some more super great news!!! The car is doing GREAT!!!! Here are some dyno sheets from earlier today. They are comparing where the car is at now against where the car was at last time it was on the dyno. The car is at 26psi creeping to 27psi by redline. And TQ is flatter then any other DSM then I have ever seen. The dip in the middle of the pull is still up in the air, we have some thoughts on it and will be figgured out be for we head to the track.
The differences are:
Old:
- Magnus Street Intake Manifold
- BC 280's
- 1.01a/r Turbine Housing
-SBR "Stage 6" (gosh I hope not) Head
New:
-JMfab Drag Varsion Intake Manifold
-FP5r/FP11 Combo
-1.28a/r Turbine Housing
-Old Polk Performace Stage 4 Head

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I cant say how happy I am with where the car is at with such low boost. As you can tell by the graphs, the car is making way more power at less boost. Plus, it is wanting to keep on going. The set up is more then I could ask for (again, at this low boost level) and I cant wait to see what it will do at the track next weekend. Im just hoping for good weather.

This is very promising!!

Now get some numbers. ;)

Nice numbers alex.Will you be making a trip to the track soon?

The first track day is this Sat. the 4th. Ive been keeping an eye on the weather reports and there is a 0% chance of rain :hellyeah:

This is very promising!!

Now get some numbers. ;)

Were going to be turning up the boost tomorrow and see what she can do!!!

OK, after a year in the making, we will be going racing this weekend!!! We ran out of injector at 30psi so I know the car has a lot more in it, but the final numbers for this weekend are right at 570whp. I still cant say enough about these cams. Torque is still holding good at 9500rpm, and power is still climbing. Its like the thing just wants to keep going, and going, and going. Were getting the VCE out and will be putting the drive train back together tomorrow and go make some "test" pulls up and down a little stretch of road right out front of our shop. Should be fun!!!

OK, after a year in the making, we will be going racing this weekend!!! We ran out of injector at 30psi so I know the car has a lot more in it, but the final numbers for this weekend are right at 570whp. I still cant say enough about these cams. Torque is still holding good at 9500rpm, and power is still climbing. Its like the thing just wants to keep going, and going, and going. Were getting the VCE out and will be putting the drive train back together tomorrow and go make some "test" pulls up and down a little stretch of road right out front of our shop. Should be fun!!!

I know it's not as important with your car but how is the low end with those things. I'm in the market for a big power cam but don't wan to totally give up all down low power

I know it's not as important with your car but how is the low end with those things. I'm in the market for a big power cam but don't wan to totally give up all down low power

I feel like this is the best cam combo money can buy. Crazy power up top. If you look at a regular DSM torque curve and look at mine, or anyone with these cams its out of control!! It just keeps holding and its amazing. Ive followed your build also and I know that people have gone fast with other cams, but why make more work for yourself? Get these. Low end power is good too, fyi.

video please:D

No worries, there will be one after we run it at the track. My video camera ran out of disc space. Its a mini disc video camera. Great idea, but shitty record time.

what track you taking your car to, renegades raceways?

Ya, we will be running at Renegade this weekend

Yeah you need some Blue in your life as in the new FIC injectors :hellyeah:

We have some Precision 1600's here in stock that we will be using. We just ran out of time for this weekend. We are taking a couple more cars and we had to get those done in time also. Besides, I have a feeling the car will be plenty fast for the first time back behind the wheel in a year and a half.

Precision 1000's and Sunoco 116 Race Fuel. It was up top (9000-9500) where it started to go lean.

Makes sense. We were maxing out 950's 3 years ago when we were on gas and puny 75lb/min T67turbo. :)

You'll need those 1600 to fully exploit your 42R.

Is this a 70mm inducer or a 74mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back