The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The Sexy Grandma 15 day build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fst91dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 10, 2005
Rowlett, Texas
Nick from KaizenSpeed and I were having a talk about all the wireing mess in DSMs and how Hondas are much easier. My response was that while he was right the DSMs have ALOT more going on, turbo, drivetrain, ect. He then said that the EVOs dont have all that mess, I again agreed. But had to point out that my Talon as 15 years older than the oldest usdm evo. So there you have it, I have a sexy grandma. And with the first track day here in Washington is in 14 days, were still pretty far away from being ready to run but who knows it could happen.

Attachments

• DSC02163.jpg
    DSC02163.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 16,639
  • DSC02162.jpg
    DSC02162.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 16,617
  • DSC02164.jpg
    DSC02164.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 16,479
  • DSC02166.jpg
    DSC02166.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 16,431
  • DSC02165.jpg
    DSC02165.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 16,373
  • DSC02161.jpg
    DSC02161.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 16,387
Very nice car!!! Quick question you ran a low 10 and what mods have you done since that run?? Also whats the spool time on your 35r with that setup?? One more question car weight?

Ill have a SBR stage 6 race head with 280 cams, GT4202R, 100 shot of nitrous, fully gutted interior w/ custom dash, dyno tuned AEM, no exhaust (it will be pointed downwards not out the side), full 3 inch I/C piping and I will be keeping my air to water intercooler, koyo half radiator, new custom front mount turbo manifold made by Reid at Kaizenspeed, full fuel system with 2 gal fuel cel, A1000 fuel pump, 1600cc injectors, AEM fuel rail, A1000 fpr.

The spool on the 35R was about 4500 I think but it was so long ago I could be wrong. As for the weight of the car I dont know, it will be hitting the scale when its done.

Didnt get a whole lot done today. Thats never a good thing when your trying to meet a tight deadline. Got the Jay Racing Alternator relocation kit installed. Fit perfect and the quality couldent be better :thumb:. Also got one of the two brackets for the new radiator fabbed. Cant forget the nitrous, got the nozzles welded into the intake manifold.

Attachments

• IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3071.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 16,186
  • IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 15,986
  • IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3067.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 16,046
Last year I ran a 10.09 @ 141.99mph. That was on a t3 35R, no nitrous, a messed up head thanks to polk performance, and smaller cams. For this season there are many goals I have. One is to run a 9 flat by the end of the season. The other is to go 160mph through the traps. Lastly is to meet the times/mph evil eagle ran last year or eclipse them by a small margin. We will be attending alot of the same races this upcoming season. I know that he will be faster with his new set up, but if I can get within reach of him Ill be happy.

The manifold is all put together, well kinda. It still needs to be welded. And the fuel system is in the process of being built.

Attachments

• IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 15,902
  • IMG_3077.jpg
    IMG_3077.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 15,843
  • IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15,800
Looks sweet!!!

What were the hp and torque numbers on the original set up?

Looks sweet!!!

What were the hp and torque numbers on the original set up?

We never got a real number for HP and TQ. If I were to guess I would say 600whp.

For the first time out to the track Im wanting to go 9.70's There will still be alot of things left for the car to be really season ready, but we really just want to get it to the track for the opening day.

Got the nitrous lines all run, well from the solenoid to the intake manifold at least. Dont mind the tape, its on there for keeping the lines in place while they were being bent. More to come...

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 15,722
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 15,594
Heres the front mount manifold just taced together for now. I think it turned out rather well.

Attachments

• IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 15,719
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15,587
  • IMG_3083.jpg
    IMG_3083.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 15,548
Last year I ran a 10.09 @ 141.99mph. That was on a t3 35R, no nitrous, a messed up head thanks to polk performance, and smaller cams. For this season there are many goals I have. One is to run a 9 flat by the end of the season. The other is to go 160mph through the traps. Lastly is to meet the times/mph evil eagle ran last year or eclipse them by a small margin. We will be attending alot of the same races this upcoming season. I know that he will be faster with his new set up, but if I can get within reach of him Ill be happy.

It takes allot more then you think, I hope your prepared to be breaking the rear end/t-case ect. Just have spares with you at all times at the track. Trust me, I know:toobad:

I wish you and Kaizen the best luck, kinda funny how you guys are targeting me LOL but whatever I guess? More power to you guys! I think you will be very surprised what the talon will run this season. I have a pretty good idea, but I will just let the car do the talking.

Build is looking very clean, look forward to see in action.:thumb:

It takes allot more then you think, I hope your prepared to be breaking the rear end/t-case ect. Just have spares with you at all times at the track. Trust me, I know:toobad:

I wish you and Kaizen the best luck, kinda funny how you guys are targeting me LOL but whatever I guess? More power to you guys! I think you will be very surprised what the talon will run this season. I have a pretty good idea, but I will just let the car do the talking.

Build is looking very clean, look forward to see in action.:thumb:

I think were as ready for the most part. But we'll see. I know were going to break things, so its not going to be a suprise when we do. Were about a year behind you as far as times and mph goes. So if we can get there thats all I want. Im not looking to set any records by any means. If you think about it, isnt just about everybody targeting you? So I dont think its just me. But Im goin for last year you, so thats a little different, LOL. I know your gunna to go way fast, so I cant wait to see it. And thanks.

I think were as ready for the most part. But we'll see. I know were going to break things, so its not going to be a suprise when we do. Were about a year behind you as far as times and mph goes. So if we can get there thats all I want. Im not looking to set any records by any means. If you think about it, isnt just about everybody targeting you? So I dont think its just me. But Im goin for last year you, so thats a little different, LOL. I know your gunna to go way fast, so I cant wait to see it. And thanks.

Thats fine and dandy that people are targeting me, I enjoy the competition and I am proud to beable to inspire others to do what they are doing, that was the goal and that was to get more people involved and build faster DSM's so we can keep DSM's on top of the game. That was the whole purpose of my build thread over on dsmtalk.

I just find it kinda ironic with you considering "Kaizen speed" thats all. Tell the boys at Kaizen I said hey since I never hear from them anymore, good guys over there.

Good luck with the project and keep us posted.

This is intense! It looks like a lot of people are building faster dsm's now a days.
To the OP, are you going to attending events in the west coast like evil eagle?

this is a freakin awsome build you have going.. wish you the best in getting your track #'s !:thumb:

Well not much has transpired in the last couple of days. We got alot of the nessasary parts and hopefully if theres anything else the car needs it will be a quick run to a parts store. Got the manifold all polished up so it should look good when I get it back on monday or tuesday. The seat is just about installed and fitted, as well as the dash. Nitrous bottle is installed. So is parts of the fuel system. There is still alot of wireing to be done but I think its going to be able to run by this weekend. The weather report says it is going to rain, I hope it holds off so I can get at least one pass in it. There will be alot of updates this week, so stay tuned.

Nice car and set up, what kind of seat and seat brackets are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back