The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Tail lights and dash lights out [Merged 4-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok the problem I'm having it my stock gauge lights (heat knobs, needles and illuminated lights) have stopped working. Also my rear tail lights. My brake lights work just not the tail lights.

I have checked:
All the connectors of the tail lights nothing is loose
The 10amp "TAIL" fuse was not blown (also switched it out with two other known good fuses still no worky)
None of my wires for the radio have been spliced into (car has never had aftermarket radio)
All aftermarket gauges are ran off my turbo timer's ACC wire (turbo timer is installed by harness) And they work fine

My next actions will be to find mine or buy a test light to use to see if i'm getting voltage to the tail lights and fuse underneath the hood. My question is are there any places that the wire between the light switch on the column and the fuse branches off to? Or does it go straight from the column to the fuse under the hood?

well i have power at and after the fuse. However i don't have none at the back lights. I DON'T HAVE THE CIG LIGHTER WIRES AT ALL. It seems as tho they were hacked out. I checked under the dash also there were no loose or frayed wires for the radio or anything for that matter and everything is nice and tight underneath the fuse box (under the hood). None of the fuses under the dash a blown either checked them all while i was under there.

I did pull a 4 prong relay that said TAIL on it. I suspect that this is part of the circuit aswell? Any other suggestions or ideas on where to look next?

EDIT: Fixed problem broken wire in the harness where it goes down by the radiator.

so i ripped out the pos dimmer switch and connected the black wire with the black and yellow wire. now all my dash lights work but my gauge cluster lights STILL dont work, and that was the whole point of me trying to fix this pos thing.

what else should i look at/try to fix? i really have no idea at this point..

i am having the same problem, but i noticed one of my headlights was out... i found a ground wire in the front left end that solved the headlight. but it was only the dim that went out? but now my gauges and taillights went out??? ill check the cd player theory here... and get back to you guys.... but also... my car wont start now? im feeling like i have a big problem.... really discouraged in my dsm...

tsi awd 1995... i have checked all the fuses ... none of them... but the relays? i havnt checked those... and i also am wondering what this dimmer switch looks like?? i am having trouble understanding where its located? thx

HELP!

I have a 2gnt with power across the fuse under hood, parking lamps work, no dash lights, no taillights.

I've checked the dimmer switch, no power on any wires. Jumped black stripe to black, no luck.

Suggestions please?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back