The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

T3 GT3076 vs FP3052

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitely post up pics. Was wondering why most/all GT30/35Rs I saw had the T31 housings, but with the space constraints, the less efficient housing is a much easier install.

FYI, SFP no longer exists. From what I understand (was told) they changed names to something else (can't remember right now) and no longer make manifolds. So the only ones left are those made a few years ago.

I'm actually going to use the ERL cast-stainless manifold as my starting point which is similar to the SFP but made made of stainless with no welds to crack :)

When I was looking at the T3 route I couldn't dig up much on people running the GT housing either. Thats why I was curious with what definitiveno comes up with. Its probably possible to run this housing with a tubular mani as they can customize it with the turbo located more towards the passenger side to give the extra clearance the extended 3" bell outlet the GT housing has but don't think you could make it work with a cast mani. Well that is without doing some relocating of other parts.

So here is my new toy, man the FP workmanship is amazing. Can't wait to get it on, should make a really nice daily driver. I can say this one impressed me alot more with its size compared to when I received my evoIII :thumb: (but don't let size fool you, that little bugger did pack a mean punch :D )

As a side not does anyone know what size plug the 2g's use on the oil filter housing for the stock location oil feed? Also what size are the bolts to attach the drain line to the turbo side?

Attachments

• 3052_1.JPG
    3052_1.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 682
  • 3052_2.JPG
    3052_2.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 660
  • 3052_3.JPG
    3052_3.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 654
  • 3052_4.JPG
    3052_4.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 661
Dang man, that IS perty. I wish dsm vendors could be more reliable. Even reputable shops mentioned in this VERY thread are giving me problems (order promised in one week taking close to 5-6 weeks/FP).

I think there is a bullseye on my forhead for dsm vendors to hustle me. J/k, but seriously. Can't get a product from SLS, granted it's a one-of custom jobber. Couldn't get products from SBR, victory Performance went under after I paid them, motor guy hustled me for 4 months before he give me my motor, then he hustled me for 3 months after I sent him back his warped and overported head......... some body kick me in the nuts so I can feel better already.

/end crybaby syndrome.

I got my ERL manifold in last :D week. Dry fitting over my Mitsu it pushes the flange to the P/S ~4" (should have ample room for a 3" DP) as well as angle the turbo ~5* away from the block to help clear both the water pipe and B/S tunnel.

Will be ordering my "GT-R" turbo this week and will definitely (as is my nature) fully document the install in a tech article ;) :dsm:

The new Turbo looks niiiiiiiice!
I just had a 3065 go on. Its pretty simular in size compared to the 3052. If you think its looks Big out of the car.... wait till its on the motor! ....It'll really look big then!

When is it getting installed?

Well my car gets stored for the winter & not at my house, so basically as soon as it gets nice out & they get the roads cleaned up I bring it back & start swapping parts. Usually ends up being the middle of April & I take 2 weeks to do everything & have it ready for May 1st.

Definitely post up pics. Was wondering why most/all GT30/35Rs I saw had the T31 housings, but with the space constraints, the less efficient housing is a much easier install.

FYI, SFP no longer exists. From what I understand (was told) they changed names to something else (can't remember right now) and no longer make manifolds. So the only ones left are those made a few years ago.

I'm actually going to use the ERL cast-stainless manifold as my starting point which is similar to the SFP but made made of stainless with no welds to crack :)

Got any pictures of what the collector looks like?

Pushing it to the PS will defently help out if you want to run the GT housing but what about rad clearance with that mani? It looks like it pushes the collector about 4"s closer to the front of the car. Most larger comps are a tight squeez & need slim fans as it is. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong?

Pushing it to the PS will defently help out if you want to run the GT housing but what about rad clearance with that mani? It looks like it pushes the collector about 4"s closer to the front of the car. Most larger comps are a tight squeez & need slim fans as it is. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong?

Yeah it doesn't take much to screw up the fitment either.
The FP3065 fits fine with a EVOIII Mani. But last week when mine was being installed.... It turned out I had a Gen1 SlowBoy knock-off EVOIII Mani ((Their Mani is made with a little bit thicker flange, and slightly angled upward... to help bigger turbo's clear the water pipe)) But the FP Turbo's are made to fit correctly with a OEM style Exh Mani. And that little bit of off-set on the SlowBoy Mani made it not fit right. The Compressor housing had to be clocked down a bit, and the stock fans still don't fit. It sucks cause I was only going to use that Mani until the new FP Exh Mani ships out. Now I'm waiting on Slim Fans that I didnt want to buy and that kinda sucks. Hopefully they're here today, then the TSi will finally be ready for a healthy portion of tunning with the AEM EMS :)

Yeah it doesn't take much to screw up the fitment either.
The FP3065 fits fine with a EVOIII Mani. But last week when mine was being installed.... It turned out I had a Gen1 SlowBoy knock-off EVOIII Mani ((Their Mani is made with a little bit thicker flange, and slightly angled upward... to help bigger turbo's clear the water pipe)) But the FP Turbo's are made to fit correctly with a OEM style Exh Mani. And that little bit of off-set on the SlowBoy Mani made it not fit right. The Compressor housing had to be clocked down a bit, and the stock fans still don't fit. It sucks cause I was only going to use that Mani until the new FP Exh Mani ships out. Now I'm waiting on Slim Fans that I didnt want to buy and that kinda sucks. Hopefully they're here today, then the TSi will finally be ready for a healthy portion of tunning with the AEM EMS :)

You'll have a hard time making OEM fans fit with a T04S compressor housing, regardless of which manifold you're using. Gotta pay to play.

I don't have a D/S fan as I've no A/C and my internally gated (at the time) 50-trim interfeared with it so was removed. My one 12" pusher keeps the engine cool even in 90+ weather.

BTW, correction, I my original eyeball was not right. It does not locate it that much to the P/S, although (as seen in the pics) you gain more room away from the block which also gives you a bit more room from the Alt/PS to make a proper 3" DP. I also plan to run JayRacings new Alt relocation kit just for good measure :) :dsm:

You'll have a hard time making OEM fans fit with a T04S compressor housing, regardless of which manifold you're using. Gotta pay to play.

Yeah at 1st we didnt know what the heck was wrong, because it should have squeezed in there. FP was called and they said everything should have fit.... that's when it was noticed that the Exh Mani wasn't a true EVOIII.

Also: I should note that I have alot of room everywhere else (PS, AirCon, ABS removed, & Alt relocated) ...Its just that pesky SlowBoy Mani is given me problems.

Here's where I got my Alt-reloacte kit ...same as EvilEagle's
http://www.pinamotorsports.com/

He shows a prototype design is on his site but the actual CNCd production piece (which is f-ing sweet) is going to be released next week so check back.
I like the bicycle wheel looking aftermarket cooling fans. :D

As a side not does anyone know what size plug the 2g's use on the oil filter housing for the stock location oil feed? Also what size are the bolts to attach the drain line to the turbo side?

Looks like the oil drain bolts are 8 x 1.25, a 16mm length will be a perfect length with the FP oil drain line & I was told most use a 3/8 NPT plug for the filter housing (the actual thread seems to be 3/8 BSP).

He shows a prototype design is on his site but the actual CNCd production piece (which is f-ing sweet) is going to be released next week so check back.

weird, says 404 not found every time I click the link, you guys see some sort of website/picture or some thing else?

Looks like he recently redesigned his site and removed the old pic links. I've seen pics of the new style (which are not yet public) and got in on the the initial run which is now sold out. These should be shipping out soon so will take a pic of mine when I get it.

Definitely contact Jay directly if you want more info on it though :dsm:

Well I thought I would add an update. I have the new FP3052 setup installed & haven't driven the car much (but will start to DD it this week) but I did go for a drive with it just off the WG at 10-11psi & was able to go for a run yesterday while I turned up the boost to about 20 psi. Let me first say I wasn't execting too much at 10 psi but I was impressed to see it was still seeing a constant 28lb/min & it pulled nicely for that low of boost. I then made quite a few runs upping the boost & it seems right around 18 psi or so it really starts to wake up. I have run my evoIII up to 22 psi & it never pulled like this. I see full spool right around 4100 rpms & it pulls hard all the way to the redline whereas the evoIII would start to drop off around 6500. I gained about 3-4 lb/min then what I normally saw with the evoIII & the pull now in third is almost like the pull use to be in second. I actually really like how the boost comes on with this turbo, it is much more linear compared to the evo which is exactly what I was after being fwd. Even though my cars setup properly, every little bit helps. I'm defently impressed with the new power & can't wait till I start to tune it & up the boost abit more :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back