The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink sudden tuning issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkertsi

Probationary Member
Sep 15, 2017
Blaine, Minnesota
Alright i need some help with my 1g. car has link v3 and 1260 injectors on e85.
walbro 450 pump
borg warner s366
speed density with an omni 4 bar and gm iat.

Had the car running and cruising decent, except for the idle. Tonight i ran into a few big problems.

1. I finally figured out the isc was maxed out at 120. pulled the car in to adjust the biss and it didnt go great. i can listen to the idle change but it makes no difference on isc until i get to a certain point. once i get to that point it drops to 0. there is no inbetween.

2. noticed fuel pressure was at almost 60 psi on the regulator. turned it back down to 43.5 and readjusted the parameters in link. fired the car up and everything was lean enough to the point that i couldn't even correct it on the ve table. now for some reason the only way to get it even close on the table is to set global fuel to -30 or higher (650cc or smaller) i know i could correct the issue with fuel tuning but i think the issue is elsewhere, just not sure where to look.

I can post a log tomorrow for anyone interested. the tune is an absolute mess right now just so i cold get it home.

1. Have you checked your ECU to make sure your ISC drivers aren't blown? Have you tested your ISC to make sure all the coils are good?

2. Did you adjust your AFPR with the vacuum line on or off?

1. I haven't checked the isc or drivers. I Just kind of assumed it worked because it moves around with throttle.

2. Adjusted with line off

I'd start by checking the hardware parts before going anywhere with the tune. It will mess the idle tune up if it doesn't run properly.

I'm going to check base timing tonight and check resistance on the isc. Should the isc position move with throttle?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back