The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

so hows it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1991 awd talon

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Rockford, Illinois
ok i just took of my heat shields from my exhaust manfold nd noticed that the 02 sensor wire would set right on the HOT metal if not for the shield.. well if you get an aftermarket header ## shield will not fit over it (most likely)... where do u put the wire then??? and when i took it off i saw that its missing two bolts on the #4 exhaust... is that gonna cause a leak? and if u look where it bolts to the turbo one of the bolts are different.. is that also gonna cause a leak?

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 59
You just need to zip tie it to somewhere where it wont melt or re-wire a ext. on it for a custom clean look. And judging from the pic. you have here them 2 bolts are really causing a bad leak you have oil sludge/carbon all over. This is not good for your motor or the turbo. You should get that fixed asap just be aware that you are most likely gonna snap some of the manifold bolts so do your self a favor and get some new ones with a bottle a never seize, replace the manifold gasket and your valve cover gasket, and rent the bolt remover from a local shop to get the snapped ones out this tool will make this job so much easier!

Yes that bolt can leak, those dome washers are one time crush washers basically. Also those bolts will stretch due to the heat. Go to the dealer of look here at the vendors and order new turbo mounting bolts AND washers. As pointed out it looks like you could use a new exhaust manifold gasket. Might as well change it while you are messing with the mounting bolts.

Keep this in mind as well. TURBO cars in general require more upkeep and maintenance, I learned the hardway by buying a car with high mileage and hurrying it onto the road.

Take a weekend and go over the little things, check for oil leaks etc. Make a list of what needs fixed and then take a trip to the local Oreilly's and price out your parts. Important thing first less important things like performance parts last. You will earn more respect from the parts guys and the tuner community this way!

Good Luck

I've always ran my o2 sensor wire under the exhaust manifold along the waterpipe on the block. Never had any heat problems and been doing it like that since 08'.

Mine is in the same place. No need to cut and splice wires, and you can use a zip tie to hold it to the waterpipe, not really needed though.

Make sure when you cut and splice the wires that you do something more secure than twist the wires together and electrical tape them.

Solder them + Heat Shrink would be best.
Crimp Connector if your really bad at soldering.
Butt Connectors are a bad idea as well because the come unplugged just as easily as the twist method.

Seriously though... My car had a universal o2 sensor on it when I bought it. Wires were just twisted and black taped....

ok thanks guys for all the help! ive been looking all night to try and find all these bolts... and... i cant find them! LOL. where can i find them? and what is a good replacement for that manfold.. seeing as im just trying to get the car to stock first.. i bout it from my dads friend and he got it from some suppossed street racer but things are tipping me off that he was anything but. as in he had a honda civic spark plug wire in it.. all the stuff u see in the picture was most likely him.. but i only paid 750$ for it.. i guess u get what u pay for i just wish it was a little more...

ok thanks guys for all the help! ive been looking all night to try and find all these bolts... and... i cant find them! LOL. where can i find them? and what is a good replacement for that manfold.. seeing as im just trying to get the car to stock first.. i bout it from my dads friend and he got it from some suppossed street racer but things are tipping me off that he was anything but. as in he had a honda civic spark plug wire in it.. all the stuff u see in the picture was most likely him.. but i only paid 750$ for it.. i guess u get what u pay for i just wish it was a little more... <-- Is it in ~good working condition? If so, do the maintenance and you'll have more than what you paid for, I mean, it is turbo all wheel drive.

2G manifold, or Evo III... Or if you're willing to spend the extra and want room to grow, go with a FP race manifold. :thumb:

Its in ok condition.. Interior isnt bad.. Leather.. All ive done so far is put in a new ecm nd a new bat nd she started right up! But when i leave it running theres smoke or steam comeing from the belt side of the engine.. I cant figure out what from but i got under it looked nd its just caked with oil nd grease nd dirt nd grime... But idk if its leaking or not..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back